Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Verizon Allows Customers to Opt Out of Supercookies

Following the controversy that Verizon’s zombie “supercookies” … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

problem with google voice search

OP trdsol23

31st March 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
31st March 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 136
 
1,027 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23

I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
31st March 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.
31st March 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 136
 
1,027 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23

I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.

If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
31st March 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

I don't have an accent. S-Voice is just slow and it won't recognize some of the more difficult to pronounce names. I would much rather use google voice search.
31st March 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
At first, I thought I froze something in Titanium Backup that might have caused the issue, but I unfroze everything and rebooted, still same problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes