Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]"Internal memory repartition" free error. CM, based CM and based Stock

Tip us?
 
busote
Old
(Last edited by busote; 2nd April 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default [Guide]"Internal memory repartition" free error. CM, based CM and based Stock

Hi guys,

In the thread 4.4.2 TeamCanjica CyanogenMod11 from the forum HTCmania, I have developed an "internal memory repartition", because the thread in XDA doesn't explain it correctly and even caused several semi-bricks in my tests.
In my tutorial, the XX.txt files name indicates the value (in MB) of the USB memory that will remain.
The lower the XX.txt name number is, the higher the internal memory value will be for installing apps.
For example, using the 40.txt file, the internal memory will be 2.89GB, a good capacity if we want to use ART as runtime.

The tutorial is very easy. You will find it inside the file adb.zip. Follow every step and you won't have any brick.
The repartition method works in GT-I8160 and GT-I8160P models.
There are two other files that explain how to restore those values to factory settings, just in case that something went wrong. One restoration file is for the normal model and the other for the P model, so you only have to use one, depending on which model you have.

Rom cm, based on cm and based in rom stock

Credits:
- Busote: development
- FullDroid: Testing and bugs reports
- Makreitor: Translation

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p8huazs54fahpu/Adb.zip
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to busote For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FullDroid
Old
#2  
FullDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Catalonian Pyrenees
This method works really fine! Look at the picture:


Internal storage: 2,93gb!


Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FullDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pijen
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 55
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by busote View Post
The tutorial is very easy. You will find it inside the file adb.zip. Follow every step and you won't have any brick.
The repartition method works in GT-I8160 and GT-I8160P models.
There are two other files that explain how to restore those values to factory settings, just in case that something went wrong. One restoration file is for the normal model and the other for the P model, so you only have to use one, depending on which model you have.
in the adb.zip you linked only contain adb file and samsung drivers
The Following User Says Thank You to pijen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FullDroid
Old
(Last edited by FullDroid; 31st March 2014 at 08:20 AM.)
#4  
FullDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Catalonian Pyrenees
Quote:
Originally Posted by pijen View Post
in the adb.zip you linked only contain adb file and samsung drivers
I have now download adb.zip and are all files... Try again...
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Serkenar
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kyiv
Thank you for sharing this!
Before I try it, let me ask you one thing. It says the phone has to "have the swap memories activated" in the instructions. Is it really necessary? If yes, why? Thanks
 
FullDroid
Old
(Last edited by FullDroid; 31st March 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
#6  
FullDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Catalonian Pyrenees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkenar View Post
Thank you for sharing this!
Before I try it, let me ask you one thing. It says the phone has to "have the swap memories activated" in the instructions. Is it really necessary? If yes, why? Thanks
Is not necessary but yes recommended.
When you not have's sd card or not swap memories, you can repartition 500mb or 750mb.
In phone, we have 2 internal storage, 1 going the app installed, and the other what you can look at pc (1,1gb), in this other when you tried only 172kb, your phone writing files automatically, when haven't free space have a error (is not big error, you make a swap and is resolved) .
Then, when you have the sd card in internal storage, you have a more space.. Without problems...

Have you me understand? I have so bad English...

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Serkenar
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kyiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullDroid View Post
Is not necessary but yes recommended.
When you not have's sd card or not swap memories, you can repartition 500mb or 750mb.
In phone, we have 2 internal storage, 1 going the app installed, and the other what you can look at pc (1,1gb), in this other when you tried only 172kb, your phone writing files automatically, when haven't free space have a error (is not big error, you make a swap and is resolved) .
Then, when you have the sd card in internal storage, you have a more space.. Without problems...

Have you me understand? I have so bad English...

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
I understand you perfectly well, thank you! To put it simple, the apps partition is being increased during repartition in the expense of /storage/sdcard0 partition, so, to have a usable /storage/sdcard0, you have to swap it with the external sdcard.

I'll try this on my GF's phone as soon as I have the chance
 
busote
Old
(Last edited by busote; 31st March 2014 at 01:45 PM.)
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkenar View Post
Thank you for sharing this!
Before I try it, let me ask you one thing. It says the phone has to "have the swap memories activated" in the instructions. Is it really necessary? If yes, why? Thanks


It is not necessary to have the exchange of memories, but if you leave 172 kb in the sd to be that you put in this space.
According to the space that after-tastes, for that it does not have sd external or it does not want to do the exchange of memories, I advise of 500 mb or 750 mb.
It depends on each one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to busote For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Serkenar
Old
(Last edited by Serkenar; 31st March 2014 at 02:37 PM.)
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kyiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by busote View Post
It is not necessary to have the exchange of memories, but if you leave 172 kb in the sd to be that you put in this space.
According to the space that after-tastes, for that it does not have sd external or it does not want to do the exchange of memories, I advise of 500 mb or 750 mb.
It depends on each one
Thank you for your response!

I've looked the instructions through, and they seem to be clear, except for this part, which left me wondering for a while:
Quote:
On the PC go to the "System Symbol"
As I take it, it means launching a command line (cmd).
And the ""System symbol" window" is actually the command line window.

Also, these commands:
Quote:
cd..
cd..
cd adb
can be replaced with just one:
Quote:
cd C:\adb
 
FullDroid
Old
(Last edited by FullDroid; 1st April 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
#10  
FullDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Catalonian Pyrenees
Now is added other file for make repartition in all roms, before was only in cm based roms.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes