Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Slim Navbar for KitKat, with recent apps?

OP joq3

31st March 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Hi,

I'm searching for a mod that I use on 4.2 for KitKat. I have a thin navbar with a recent button (the recent app-button is from G2 Xposed) and the thin navbar is a modified file I changed (because the G2 Xposed navbar height didn't work well, left a gap on stock launcher).

Do anyone know if there is something like this working for Kitkat?


Thank you!
Last edited by joq3; 31st March 2014 at 10:19 AM.
31st March 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3

Hi,

I'm searching for a mod that I use on 4.2 for KitKat. I have a thin navbar with a recent button (the recent app-button is from G2 Xposed) and the thin navbar is a modified file I changed (because the G2 Xposed navbar height didn't work well, left a gap on stock launcher).

Do anyone know if there is something like this working for Kitkat?


Thank you!

well if u don't want to get your hands dirty, u can use the third party apps such as
Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Lite
link:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbimc.udn.lite
Pie support(with installation instructions)
link:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689890

Otherwise ,
DeOdex then Decompile LGSystemUI.apk and use the following thread as guide

Hope This helps you
The Following User Says Thank You to fizzy177 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy177

well if u don't want to get your hands dirty, u can use the third party apps such as
Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Lite
link:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbimc.udn.lite
Pie support(with installation instructions)
link:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689890

Otherwise ,
DeOdex then Decompile LGSystemUI.apk and use the following thread as guide


Hope This helps you

Is the first app confirmed working with KitKat? I would rather just replace a system file, but I'm not confident enough to edit the code myself.
Rather than using an app for it, which seems unnecessary for the small change i need.
31st March 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3

Is the first app confirmed working with KitKat? I would rather just replace a system file, but I'm not confident enough to edit the code myself.
Rather than using an app for it, which seems unnecessary for the small change i need.

Yes It works i've tested it myself
BTW used xposed module (Bundled inside UDN Refer post #2 ) to spoof the navbar.
Last edited by fizzy177; 31st March 2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clarifying the details .....
31st March 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy177

Yes It works i've tested it myself
BTW used xposed module to spoof the navbar.

What Xposed module? Everything I"m trying on the Verizon KitKat OTA isn't allowing me to add a Recents key (replace menu key with Recents).

Ultimate Dyanmic Navbar Lite adds the recents key ... but i don't like the way it auto-hides / covers things on screen.
Last edited by Polymira; 31st March 2014 at 07:38 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes