CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Galaxy S5 Models?

31st March 2014, 10:53 AM |#1  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
Samsung SM-G900W8 - for Canada

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.
Last edited by Hellscythe; 9th May 2014 at 01:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 08:04 PM |#2  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
11th April 2014, 07:22 AM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean
13th April 2014, 03:02 AM |#4  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean

Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
13th April 2014, 06:56 AM |#5  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54141...m#.U0om3_mSx8c

the 900H is exynos
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 09:17 PM |#6  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 25
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X
10th April 2014, 11:43 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
842 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevagreene

In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.
11th April 2014, 12:22 AM |#8  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 25
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.

Ah, cool. thanks for the info. I thought It was strange since I hadn't seen it listed anywhere.
9th May 2014, 11:54 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.

so does that mean I can install another region into my Australian version?
ie: from sm-g900i to sm-g900f?
9th May 2014, 12:30 PM |#10  
p0tent's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
SM-G900W8 - Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p0tent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code., models, region
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes