Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

removed "firmware" files in z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip?

Tip us?

TQuest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default removed "firmware" files in z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip?

i'm currently trying to make a flashable zip with my "own" firmware "D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE"

when i compared the the content of systems.tgz from the file z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip with the system.sin file of my firmware i noticed a bunch of files are missing in the tgz file.
so i looked at D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK.ftf and noticed the firmware files are there.

Different files in system
D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE vs 1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip

D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE vs D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK.ftf

D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK vs 1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip

why were these files removed in the flashable zip?
Phones: Sony Xperia Z1C, Xiaomi MI2
Tablet: Sony Tablet S 3G
Retired: Meizu MX M032, Sony Xperia Pro, Samsung Galaxy S+, HTC Desire Z, Motorola Milestone, HTC Hero.

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,108

DONATE TO ME
Are you talking about the z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip from my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2688933 ?
I didn't remove any files, I built it directly from the system.sin (mounted it in ubuntu).

All those files in your last picture are inside my system.tgz.
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TQuest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Are you talking about the z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip from my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2688933 ?
I didn't remove any files, I built it directly from the system.sin (mounted it in ubuntu).

All those files in your last picture are inside my system.tgz.
your right, seems like they are symlinks and winrar does not unpack them on my pc unless you start it as admin ?!?
Retired: Meizu MX M032, Sony Xperia Pro, Samsung Galaxy S+, HTC Desire Z, Motorola Milestone, HTC Hero.

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQuest View Post
your right, seems like they are symlinks and winrar does not unpack them on my pc unless you start it as admin ?!?
No idea. I recommend to not use windows for stuff like that anyway. Just set up a ubuntu vm with VirtualBox. You also don't need any extra tools there. Just unpack the system.sin to system.ext4 with flashtool and mount it under ubuntu.

TQuest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
No idea. I recommend to not use windows for stuff like that anyway. Just set up a ubuntu vm with VirtualBox. You also don't need any extra tools there. Just unpack the system.sin to system.ext4 with flashtool and mount it under ubuntu.
i agree with you, i was just using windows for a filecompare because i thought it was more conveniant.
for everything else i'm using the same setup as your are: virtualbox with ubuntu