Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Droid Razr Maxx stuck on Bootloop. Edited the Build.prop incorrectly.

OP sidswami

31st March 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Hi All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx (Verizon) which was on 4.1.2 OTA update. I tried to edit the build.prop and messed up. The phone turns on to the Red Moto logo, later goes into the typical Droid Razr graphics and is stuck there for ever (Stuck on Booting?). I am able to enter into recovery, thankfully.

Now can anyone suggest a way to flash only the build.prop to restore it?

Else, can you point me to stock XT912M 4.1.2 so that I can flash getting into recovery?

Or is there is a better way that I could get out of this mess?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sid
31st March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I found this, but it is for Sony.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2212168

Something similar to this would be very helpful !

Regards,
Sid
Last edited by sidswami; 31st March 2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Missed reference link
31st March 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #3  
tydiamond11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidswami

Hi All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx (Verizon) which was on 4.1.2 OTA update. I tried to edit the build.prop and messed up. The phone turns on to the Red Moto logo, later goes into the typical Droid Razr graphics and is stuck there for ever (Stuck on Booting?). I am able to enter into recovery, thankfully.

Now can anyone suggest a way to flash only the build.prop to restore it?

Else, can you point me to stock XT912M 4.1.2 so that I can flash getting into recovery?

Or is there is a better way that I could get out of this mess?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sid

you might want to try using rsd to fully restore the phone. That would also fix your issue. I have done this lots of times. Before you start make sure your phone is charged. Or you will have to buy a USB cable that allows the phone to work with the computer with out charging.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tydiamond11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
In order to flash only build.prop you need to be able to start an adb session and then push the file, or use aroma which executes after boot menu manager so it is not a choice since you can't pass from red logo.

Easier way is rsd flashing a service rom so it will not delete so many files.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to angrist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Smile Resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydiamond11

you might want to try using rsd to fully restore the phone. That would also fix your issue. I have done this lots of times. Before you start make sure your phone is charged. Or you will have to buy a USB cable that allows the phone to work with the computer with out charging.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrist

In order to flash only build.prop you need to be able to start an adb session and then push the file, or use aroma which executes after boot menu manager so it is not a choice since you can't pass from red logo.

Easier way is rsd flashing a service rom so it will not delete so many files.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Used RSD and flashed stock ROM 4.1.2.

Worked perfectly! Thanks all.

I got the stock ROM from here.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

It has links for all Motorola devices and for all versions. Hope it will be helpful.
1st April 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
tydiamond11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidswami

Used RSD and flashed stock ROM 4.1.2.

Worked perfectly! Thanks all.

I got the stock ROM from here.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

It has links for all Motorola devices and for all versions. Hope it will be helpful.

Great! Glad you did it . Have a great time working with your phone now that it is fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
razr maxx xt912m
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes