Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 47,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to remove "abd" from dictionary

Tip us?

ddodge68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] How to remove "abd" from dictionary

So, I'm using the HTC gesture keyboard (like Swype) and I'm hoping that someone can help me to remove a word from the dictionary. Everytime I try to spell the word "and", I get "abd". I will never use the word "abd". Is there a way to remove it from the dictionary? Thanks....

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodge68 View Post
So, I'm using the HTC gesture keyboard (like Swype) and I'm hoping that someone can help me to remove a word from the dictionary. Everytime I try to spell the word "and", I get "abd". I will never use the word "abd". Is there a way to remove it from the dictionary? Thanks....
Did you accidentally add it to your dictionary? If so simple remove it by going to the input settings ,under personal dictionary and remove it, if your not sure you can also check

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

ddodge68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
Did you accidentally add it to your dictionary? If so simple remove it by going to the input settings ,under personal dictionary and remove it, if your not sure you can also check

Sadly no. It's in the "stock" dictionary apparently.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2369

DONATE TO ME
You could try to add Abd to your dictionary then remove it... Might help

bloodiedwraith
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
This has been plaguing me since even the M7. It drives me absolutely nuts and I have not yet found any fix for it -_-

robocuff
Old
(Last edited by robocuff; 1st April 2014 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put checkmark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff View Post
To delete a word, in the keyboard's settings, select "personal dictionary". Then press on the menu dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Select delete from the menu. This will take you to another screen. Find the word you want to get rid of and put checkmark to the right of it. Then press delete at the bottom right of the page. Should get the job done for you.
That's IF it's a word user added. He is referring to a word already in the dictionary

The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ddodge68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Glad it's not just me having this problem...

overlord727
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I had to look up what this word meant. Apparently abt means "all but dissertation," for someone going for a PHD. That being said I don't think this should be default in a dictionary either.
G3 and G Pad 8.3 GPE

OtisFeelgood
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
lol I feel your pain, man. I had the same problem on my Galaxy Note 2. >_<