Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] CWM recovery removal with out tripping Knox Counter??

OP SSJ3Rob

1st April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I recently purchased a SM-N900W8. Love this device, just retired my S2 which i messed around with for a few years and never had issues...

I neglected to do research on XDA (Big mistake) before rooting it and had no idea about the repercussions of this KNOX issue.

I used this method to root it (http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/)

I successfully installed CWM recovery and SuperSu and the phone is rooted. I had no intentions of installing Custom Roms just yet just wanted to be able to use some of my favorite apps that require rooting. The phones Current Binary and Phone status have both been tagged custom but my KNOX Warranty Void is still tagged at 0X0. Needless to say maybe I got lucky?

I was hoping to Revert to Stock and Unroot so I could follow this method instead (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850)
Is there anyways to Accomplish this without tripping the KNOX counter? I've been scouring the forums for several hours trying to find a concrete answer but cannot.

I have downloaded my stock firmware (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26653)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have included a screenshot of my device info. I apologize in advance if this issue has already been addressed.

Thanks,

-Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-23-59-16.png
Views:	539
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	2662042  
1st April 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #2  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 967
 
2,654 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
For device info and Knox warranty status, you can use my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to get more detailed info.

Download link in my signature.
1st April 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #3  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 2,677
 
1,427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Why did you even install CWM if you didn't need it ?
Why do you want to remove it ? Don't fix it if it ain't broken. De la vega will trip Knox in 4.4, so leave it as it is.

Sent from my N9005
Last edited by Dejan Sathanas; 1st April 2014 at 10:54 AM.
1st April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas

Why did you even install CWM if you didn't need it ?
Why do you want to remove it ? Don't fix it if it ain't broken. De la vega will trip Knox in 4.4, so leave it as it is.

Sent from my N9005


Will do. Was just worried about official updates and warranty if phone still says custom but knox is not tripped. But bell outsources another company for repairs and doesn't send back to Samsung directly so I probably don't need to worry to much..

I used CWM because I've used it for a couple years with my S2 and enjoyed the features so when I saw cwm was avaliable for note 3 I jumped on it.

But there is no way to revert to stock without tripping count?

Thanks.
1st April 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #5  
Khizar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,222
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ3Rob

Will do. Was just worried about official updates and warranty if phone still says custom but knox is not tripped. But bell outsources another company for repairs and doesn't send back to Samsung directly so I probably don't need to worry to much..

I used CWM because I've used it for a couple years with my S2 and enjoyed the features so when I saw cwm was avaliable for note 3 I jumped on it.

But there is no way to revert to stock without tripping count?

Thanks.

Flashing stock using odin should rever everything back to stock and possibly not trip knox counte, I am saying possibly cuz nobody has tried to flash stock recovery and try to keep knox cool as custom recoveries have tripped everyone's knox AFAIK. But your phone FW or maybe something else might make your device an exception.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizar

Flashing stock using odin should rever everything back to stock and possibly not trip knox counte, I am saying possibly cuz nobody has tried to flash stock recovery and try to keep knox cool as custom recoveries have tripped everyone's knox AFAIK. But your phone FW or maybe something else might make your device an exception.

I will leave as is for now until more info on the subject surfaces. As much as I want to try to flash back to stock recovery and test your theory I will hold out and not mess around with CWM or mess with apps requiring root to much incase it decides to trip the counter.

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes