Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HUGE battery drain overnight!

Tip us?

matthew33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Unhappy HUGE battery drain overnight!

Last night I put my phone to bed (lol) with over 65% battery, and as per usual, my low battery warning beeps woke me up before my alarm did!!

Reached over and the phone was at 1% battery level!!!!

Here are a few screenshots of my setup.

Can anyone help me find out what the problem is, or should I use it as a rugby ball and kick it into the stratosphere?

cheers
Matt

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

Charun_za
Old
(Last edited by Charun_za; 1st April 2014 at 01:07 PM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 3
HI,

have you got any weird apps installed? you maybe a victim of "cryptocoin-mining code" exploit

android bitcoin dogecoin mining malware
The Following User Says Thank You to Charun_za For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matthew33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charun_za View Post
HI,

have you got any weird apps installed? you maybe a victim of "cryptocoin-mining code" exploit

android bitcoin dogecoin mining malware

Nah, got no dodgy apps installed.

Did a complete reinstall of the Rom with full wipe etc too.....still the same happens.

I can put the phone by side of bed at 60% battery, then i'm .literally woke up by the damn thing beeping at me tell me there is like, 1-5% left !

frustrating
"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

Charun_za
Old
Thanks Meter 3
oh dear, maybe its battery dying, lithiums don't like being discharged down so low, 10%~ is a danger zone for battery and recharge cycle,
lower the % goes, the shorter the life of the battery gets and less recharge cycles you get

only logical thing i can think of
The Following User Says Thank You to Charun_za For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]