Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The official Samsung S5 charging accessories (including wireless options)

OP chillsen

2nd April 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

190 posts
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...TT-accessories

This is specific to our AT&T model, though i'm sure they are universal across all S5 models. Filter on the left side for the chargers.

Wireless Charging Pad mini $39.99

Wireless Charging Pad $59.99

Galaxy S 5 Spare Battery Charging System $49.99

Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, White $29.99 (Also available in Black it says)

Most important thing of course we ALL want to know with these Qi-charging covers are: "The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5ís water resistance."

Please sticky this at least for the first quarter as it is a list of the Official products.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chillsen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
Lafayette, In
Thanks Meter: 53

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillsen

"The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5ís water resistance."

Please sticky this at least for the first quarter as it is a list of the Official products.

Im hoping this little line in their description means that the wireless back wont add too much to the phone to prevent the use of normal cases.
2nd April 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Here's the link to the black wireless back, just needed to change the W to a B in the product number =)
The Following User Says Thank You to afidel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

121 posts
More
We need to know if it adds bulk and if standard cases can be used. I have a QI charging pad that I use with an insert in my S3. I'm guessing my charging pad will work with this back?
3rd April 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudraker

Im hoping this little line in their description means that the wireless back wont add too much to the phone to prevent the use of normal cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon6

We need to know if it adds bulk and if standard cases can be used. I have a QI charging pad that I use with an insert in my S3. I'm guessing my charging pad will work with this back?

yes that is the big question

based on history, they will be thicker impeding normal cases
12th April 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afidel

Here's the link to the black wireless back, just needed to change the W to a B in the product number =)

These are on backorder , and because I am super impatient, I ordered an S5 compatible (supposedly) Qi receiver from China over eBay. I will let you all know how it works once I receive it.

Samsung should get its act together and release proper accessories at the right time, at least with its flagship devices. I had an S3 before I got the S5. I had to make do with questionable aftermarket accessories because of the lack of proper accessories from Samsung. I wish they just included the Qi cover by default. It should not add more than a few bucks to the overall cost.
Last edited by telveer; 12th April 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typos
12th April 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 38

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telveer

These are on backorder , and because I am super impatient, I ordered an S5 compatible (supposedly) Qi receiver from China over eBay. I will let you all know how it works once I receive it.

Samsung should get its act together and release proper accessories at the right time, at least with its flagship devices. I had an S3 before I got the S5. I had to make do with questionable aftermarket accessories because of the lack of proper accessories from Samsung. I wish they just included the Qi cover by default. It should not add more than a few bucks to the overall cost.

I usually prefer the aftermarket qi receivers to keep it slim and to ensure case fit. But my concern with the s5 is that you may cause a bulge that would break the seal on the back door. Any thoughts on this? Not that I plan on swimming with my s5 I really want to maintain the level of protection it shipped with.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponts

I usually prefer the aftermarket qi receivers to keep it slim and to ensure case fit. But my concern with the s5 is that you may cause a bulge that would break the seal on the back door. Any thoughts on this? Not that I plan on swimming with my s5 I really want to maintain the level of protection it shipped with.

Edited to add: http://www.fonesalesman.com/collecti...cts/s5-pwrcard

You can see the disclaimer about interfering with water resistance.....bummer

3rd April 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 206

1,517 posts
More
Is there any availability in the UK?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
3rd April 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 201

1,162 posts
Wonder if they will have any price drops or a coupon code to score these cheaper. I might have to go w/the insert if the covers add bulk.
4th April 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuff83

Wonder if they will have any price drops or a coupon code to score these cheaper. I might have to go w/the insert if the covers add bulk.

only problem with that is it the gasket to seal the battery from water might be loose....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, wireless battery charger
Previous Thread Next Thread