Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i8190n My earphones are deteted and i'm not plugging it

Tip us?

Yoljuan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] i8190n My earphones are deteted and i'm not plugging it

Greetings

I'm a new user from Venezuela. Sorry for my english.

Recently I bought an i8190n for my wife, it came with android 4.1.1... after a week it begane to show the earphones detected and of course turns off the speaker and mic. The cell turns on the screen every 3 mins too.

I tried to use the three buttons combo and i didn't work. No problem, i used the adb command. Upgrade to 4.1.2 downloaded from Sammobile. But The cellphone keeps issued. Next I bring it to a technician, he changed the jack plug, and no change.

What could be the problem with it?? Any clue??

naevtamarkus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoljuan View Post
Greetings

I'm a new user from Venezuela. Sorry for my english.

Recently I bought an i8190n for my wife, it came with android 4.1.1... after a week it begane to show the earphones detected and of course turns off the speaker and mic. The cell turns on the screen every 3 mins too.

I tried to use the three buttons combo and i didn't work. No problem, i used the adb command. Upgrade to 4.1.2 downloaded from Sammobile. But The cellphone keeps issued. Next I bring it to a technician, he changed the jack plug, and no change.

What could be the problem with it?? Any clue??
Having the earphones detected seems like a hardware problem. This does not necessarily have to be the jack plug. If your phone is under warranty, I would definitely try to have my phone exchanged.

Good luck!

Yoljuan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevtamarkus View Post
Having the earphones detected seems like a hardware problem. This does not necessarily have to be the jack plug. If your phone is under warranty, I would definitely try to have my phone exchanged.

Good luck!
Thankyou...

I donīt believe that the phone be under warranty yet. But i'll contact Samsung for checking it.

dariopnc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
something similar happened to me some time ago, I found out that was due to something being stuck into the jack plug