Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removing T-Mobile Mobile hotspot

Tip us?
 
brusyev
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Removing T-Mobile Mobile hotspot

Does anyone know how to remove the stock Tmobile Mobile hot spot app? My Note 3 is fully rooted. I looked through many threads and no luck...there is no apk for it under system/aps
 
deBricker
Old
#2  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 337
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Naval Station Norfolk, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
ROM: ViperOne 1.6.0
Kernel: Stock
Firewater S-Off

Past Devices:
2011
VM Optimus V
iPhone 3GS(ST)
2012
SGS Captivate(ST)
Sprint Gnex
2013
iPhone 4s
EVO 4GLTE
Sprint GS3

AT&T GS4
iPhone 5c(AT&T)
(VZW)
Lumia 929(VZW)
Droid Mini

2014
iPhone 5s(VZW)
T-Mo SGN3
T-Mo HTC One (M8)



Hard Bricked your Sprint SGS III? Unbrick it without JTAG here
Have I helped you? Give that "Thanks" button some love

New? Need support? Watch this video first.
 
brusyev
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker View Post
Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..

Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk


I grabbed the latest copy of TB and searched for hot spot. I am still unable to find it. Can you please give me more detailed steps on what to look for?
 
deBricker
Old
#4  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 337
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Naval Station Norfolk, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev View Post
I grabbed the latest copy of TB and searched for hot spot. I am still unable to find it. Can you please give me more detailed steps on what to look for?

Well, I don't know the name of the actual app. Just look for the icon when you're going through the freeze list


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
ROM: ViperOne 1.6.0
Kernel: Stock
Firewater S-Off

Past Devices:
2011
VM Optimus V
iPhone 3GS(ST)
2012
SGS Captivate(ST)
Sprint Gnex
2013
iPhone 4s
EVO 4GLTE
Sprint GS3

AT&T GS4
iPhone 5c(AT&T)
(VZW)
Lumia 929(VZW)
Droid Mini

2014
iPhone 5s(VZW)
T-Mo SGN3
T-Mo HTC One (M8)



Hard Bricked your Sprint SGS III? Unbrick it without JTAG here
Have I helped you? Give that "Thanks" button some love

New? Need support? Watch this video first.
 
brusyev
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker View Post
Well, I don't know the name of the actual app. Just look for the icon when you're going through the freeze list


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
The icon is not there. This was the whole point behind opening this thread....
 
deBricker
Old
#6  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 337
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Naval Station Norfolk, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Welp. Well, I really don't know how how to delete it. Google is your best friend


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
ROM: ViperOne 1.6.0
Kernel: Stock
Firewater S-Off

Past Devices:
2011
VM Optimus V
iPhone 3GS(ST)
2012
SGS Captivate(ST)
Sprint Gnex
2013
iPhone 4s
EVO 4GLTE
Sprint GS3

AT&T GS4
iPhone 5c(AT&T)
(VZW)
Lumia 929(VZW)
Droid Mini

2014
iPhone 5s(VZW)
T-Mo SGN3
T-Mo HTC One (M8)



Hard Bricked your Sprint SGS III? Unbrick it without JTAG here
Have I helped you? Give that "Thanks" button some love

New? Need support? Watch this video first.
 
brusyev
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker View Post
Welp. Well, I really don't know how how to delete it. Google is your best friend


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
I have done tons of Google searching on this matter and nothing. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and provide some instructions...
 
louforgiveno
Old
#8  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,380
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev View Post
I have done tons of Google searching on this matter and nothing. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and provide some instructions...
Look for apps named tether or tethering in /system/app and in the /priv-app folder.....
Why do you need to delete this?
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"
 
brusyev
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 144
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno View Post
Look for apps named tether or tethering in /system/app and in the /priv-app folder.....
Why do you need to delete this?
I looked through and only see tetherinkprovision.apk under system/app. This is not the right apk as mobile hotspot still remains. I am debloating my phone from all Tmobile crap...
 
louforgiveno
Old
#10  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,380
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev View Post
I looked through and only see tetherinkprovision.apk under system/app. This is not the right apk as mobile hotspot still remains. I am debloating my phone from all Tmobile crap...
did you remove the "tethering automation" apk ?
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more