[GUIDE] How to fix SlimKat Signal Bar bugs ! [OPTIMA-TEAM]
Hi all !
So, for you all, the user of SlimKat for L7 might encounter these signal bar bugs.
The bug is mostly (and most) noticeable bug in this ROM.
By following this guide, you agree to my conditions :
a. I won't respond to 'how to do it ?' and 'can you do it ?' or 'will you do it for me ?' question.
b. I also won't respond to 'how can I decompile .jars ?' and 'what is this ?' question, these questions can easily answered by searching Google.
c. No, I won't make a flashable zips for you, you've to do this alone. Because I want you to understand, 'what does happen if I do this ?'. So I want you to do this all by yourself.
d. Only use question for last resort (means, even by searching Google, you don't find answer to your problem)
After you read those conditions, here's the guide.
1. Decompile SlimKat framework.jar
2. Decompile other ROM (with working signal bar) framework.jar
3. Open smali/android/telephony/
4. Copy all file named CellSignalStrength
from other ROM framework.jar. See CALIBAN's post for needed file to copy + screenshot.
5. Copy all of those file to SlimKat framework.jar (in the same directory, smali/android/telephony)
6. Compile SlimKat framework.jar
7. Copy modified classes.dex to original unmodified SlimKat framework.jar
8. Push the modified framework.jar to /system/framework (or add it to SlimKat zipfile)
9. Reboot (if you push it) or reflash SlimKAT, then wipe dalvik cache & cache (if you add it to SlimKat zipfile)
Thanks to -CALIBAN666- for fixing the guide !
Credits for this guide :
- SlimROMs Team : Providing a great ROM for us to use
- CM Team : No need to explain, they're a great developers. Without them, there won't be a proper working KitKat for our device.
- Optima Team : By always supporting me in every conditions
- -CALIBAN666- : Trying this tutorial, and becoming my best friend in XDA
- Google : My teacher
- Stackoverflow Members : Providing workaround for every eror
- brut.all & iBotPeaches : APKTool, the greatest tool to reverse-engineering in Android