Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to Flash Custom Rom using Hasson 2000's Tool on HTC one (M7)

Tip us?

Infoseye
Old
(Last edited by Infoseye; 2nd April 2014 at 09:35 AM.) Reason: update it
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy Unable to Flash Custom Rom using Hasson 2000's Tool on HTC one (M7)

Hello everyone,

I bought an HTC one off ebay, having in mind I would flash custom rom on the device which I prefer for obvious reasons. But each time I open Hasson2000 Tool to get ID token I get this error in command prompt below:

*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *
'error: device offline

I have tried searching for solutions but I cant get one to actually fix my own issue, I do know the HTC bootloader has been unlocked and rooted because I can boot to bootloader menu, boot to recovery mode and on top on the screen it says *****TAMPERED***** just below it says ***UNLOCKED*** I figured the previous owner tried locking bootloader before selling it off.

I noticed other commands dont work like reboot device on the tool probably because of that error or my htc is not recognised am not sure. am running Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop.

What I have done so far

Rebooted phone several times
Rebooted my laptop several times
Unplugged and plugged in usb cable
Used different usb ports it recognises my htc because I can view my SD card or transfer files between laptop and phone.

Please guys I neeed your help with this, thanks.
Device
HTC one (M7)
ROM: Stock, 4.4.2 Kitkat.

History: HTC One X, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, Blackberry Bold 2, Blackberry Curve 3G, Nokia N95 8GB(Still in love with it), LG KU990 Viewty, Sony Ericsson K950, Motorola Razor, Motorola v3 ,Nokia 3310

Infoseye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
WOW over 52 views and not a single reply thanks heart breaking
Device
HTC one (M7)

History: HTC One X, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, Blackberry Bold 2, Blackberry Curve 3G, Nokia N95 8GB(Still in love with it), LG KU990 Viewty, Sony Ericsson K950, Motorola Razor, Motorola v3 ,Nokia 3310

Boachti
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infoseye View Post
WOW over 52 views and not a single reply thanks heart breaking
try this
first relock the bootloader
"fastboot oem lock"
and then go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the steps to unlock it again
Don't forget to hit Thanks Button

HTC One (M7)
ROM: Android Revolution HD

Infoseye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boachti View Post
try this
first relock the bootloader
"fastboot oem lock"
and then go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the steps to unlock it again

Okay I will give it a try and tell you the out come.
Device
HTC one (M7)

Boachti
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Okay I will give it a try and tell you the out come.
ok
Don't forget to hit Thanks Button

HTC One (M7)
ROM: Android Revolution HD

Infoseye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boachti View Post
ok
Okay I have locked and relocked Bootloader, installed custom recovery. So what do I do now?
Device
HTC one (M7)

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 917
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I bought an HTC one off ebay, having in mind I would flash custom rom on the device which I prefer for obvious reasons. But each time I open Hasson2000 Tool to get ID token I get this error in command prompt below:

*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *
'error: device offline

I have tried searching for solutions but I cant get one to actually fix my own issue, I do know the HTC bootloader has been unlocked and rooted because I can boot to bootloader menu, boot to recovery mode and on top on the screen it says *****TAMPERED***** just below it says ***UNLOCKED*** I figured the previous owner tried locking bootloader before selling it off.

I noticed other commands dont work like reboot device on the tool probably because of that error or my htc is not recognised am not sure. am running Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop.

What I have done so far

Rebooted phone several times
Rebooted my laptop several times
Unplugged and plugged in usb cable
Used different usb ports it recognises my htc because I can view my SD card or transfer files between laptop and phone.

Please guys I neeed your help with this, thanks.
What about using the command prompt instead of a toolkit? No disrespect to Hasson2000, but toolkits aren't ideal imo

In most cases, ''device offline'' is caused by an outdated version of the android sdk or a bad usb cable/usb port (btw use usb 2.0 ports).

Also in windows devices manager, your phone must be listed as Android usb device ---> My HTC. If not, you have drivers issue.

If your phone still boot normally, just copy the rom inside the sdcard, reboot in recovery and install it. I will highly suggest you make sure adb and fastboot works correctly before as they will be required if something goes wrong when installing the custom rom. Also make a nandroid backup of your current config before flashing the rom and make a copy of that backup on your computer.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Infoseye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
What about using the command prompt instead of a toolkit? No disrespect to Hasson2000, but toolkits aren't ideal imo

In most cases, ''device offline'' is caused by an outdated version of the android sdk or a bad usb cable/usb port (btw use usb 2.0 ports).

Also in windows devices manager, your phone must be listed as Android usb device ---> My HTC. If not, you have drivers issue.

If your phone still boot normally, just copy the rom inside the sdcard, reboot in recovery and install it. I will highly suggest you make sure adb and fastboot works correctly before as they will be required if something goes wrong when installing the custom rom. Also make a nandroid backup of your current config before flashing the rom and make a copy of that backup on your computer.
Well actually I used command prompt since the Hasson2000 tool did not work, Yes my HTC displays under device manager when plugged in. I think its my adb that is out of date.

How do I update my adb?
Device
HTC one (M7)

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 917
Quote:
Well actually I used command prompt since the Hasson2000 tool did not work, Yes my HTC displays under device manager when plugged in. I think its my adb that is out of date.

How do I update my adb?
what is the output of

Code:
adb version
?
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Infoseye
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
what is the output of

Code:
adb version
?
I dont undertsand what you mean by adb version, how do find out the version am a newbie to all this stuff
Device
HTC one (M7)

Tags
error: device offline, hasson 2000

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more