Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you hate BlinkFeed...

Tip us?

aysiana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default If you hate BlinkFeed...

Hey everybody. If you hate BlinkFeed like I do, here's how you can get it out of your way, this info came straight from HTC.

To turn BlinkFeed off on your HTC One M8, check this out: http://s.htc.com/1lrBnbX. To turn it off on your One M8, slide two fingers together while on the feed and tap BlinkFeed On to toggle it off.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aysiana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zxhwk
Old
(Last edited by zxhwk; 3rd April 2014 at 08:18 PM.) Reason: wrong info
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
You can also go in to settings/personlize/manage home screen pages and remove it completely or touch and hold to add widgets and turn it off there in the top left corner you will see a little blue square that lets you toggle it on or off. I think this is a NEW feature in KitKat . Because I am running the stock rom ust bootloader unlocked and rooted is all I have done so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to zxhwk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EVOsean
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxhwk View Post
You can also go in to settings/personlize/manage home screen pages and remove it completely or touch and hold to add widgets and turn it off there in the top left corner you will see a little blue square that lets you toggle it on or off. I think this is a NEW feature in KitKat . Because I am running the stock rom ust bootloader unlocked and rooted is all I have done so far.

not seeing a blue box, just the edit box which merely removes the page

5djpg
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks! I keep getting parsing errors so I downloaded the apk to my computer and transferred it over. Works great!

murf43143
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I highly recommend Google Now Launcher for which you need to download the apk and side load it, as well as Xposed GELS to completely customize your screen.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
I use the Google Now Launcher, so no issues for me too.

ycats
Old
Thanks Meter 131
I use the Google Now Launcher, so no issues for me.
Phone history - Ericsson cf688, Samsung T1100, Kyocera 6035 (2), Samsung i300, Treo 300, Samsung i500, Treo 600, Hitachi G1000, PPC-6600, PPC-6700 (2), Samsung IP830W (2), Treo 700wx, HTC-Mogul, HTC Touch (2), HTC Touch Pro (4), HTC Touch Pro2 (2), HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Note-2, Samsung Galaxy Note-3, HTC One M8.

robmart
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
I use the Google Now Launcher, so no issues for me.
How did you get the Google now launcher to work?

hcal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I followed the instructions on the first link when googling "Google Now Launcher digital trends" Sorry, about not linking. I'm a new user here so I can't post link.

the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and Velvet.apk seemed to fail install, but the GoogleHome.apk did install and everything seems to work. All in all, I've been enjoying it. I liked the Themer launcher too, but the Google Now Launchers always listening "OK Google" feature has been too nice to give up. I'm not positive but I think the Google Now Launcher is burning through a little more battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmart View Post
How did you get the Google now launcher to work?

The Following User Says Thank You to hcal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ycats
Old
Thanks Meter 131
You'll have to do a Google search for it, it will be an .apk file.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...how-to/#!C457e
Phone history - Ericsson cf688, Samsung T1100, Kyocera 6035 (2), Samsung i300, Treo 300, Samsung i500, Treo 600, Hitachi G1000, PPC-6600, PPC-6700 (2), Samsung IP830W (2), Treo 700wx, HTC-Mogul, HTC Touch (2), HTC Touch Pro (4), HTC Touch Pro2 (2), HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Note-2, Samsung Galaxy Note-3, HTC One M8.