Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Update TWRP

OP kbenoit

2nd April 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
2nd April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 78

347 posts
Try flashify root

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #3  
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 241

545 posts
More
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
3rd April 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan

In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
3rd April 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #5  
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 241

545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !

Awesome glad that helped you!

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
3rd April 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 412

1,744 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread