Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help, Moto g won't boot up any rom

Tip us?

chente323
Old
(Last edited by chente323; 3rd April 2014 at 03:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help, Moto g won't boot up any rom

I unlock the g bootloader got it to root I have the latest cwm recovery been trying different ones also, but some how when I try to install any rom that's out there it won't boot up it only stays on the boot screen . Any ideas
The Following User Says Thank You to chente323 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramoneluis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Me too

I have this problem too.

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Guys, please search the forum before posting, so your issues would get resolved quickly.

OK, Now towards your problem.
A lot of people are getting the same error and the results from corruptioning of /data. First try factory reset from fastboot, then reboot. If it doesn't help then do a factory reset again and reboot your phone. If doesn't seen to help either then the only option left is to flash stock firmware through PC. Search the forum and you will get the desired result. Beaware that you will end up losing all your apps and SD card data.
Be helpful and press thanks if someone helps you.
Search the forum before posting any question.
The Following User Says Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chente323
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter View Post
Guys, please search the forum before posting, so your issues would get resolved quickly.

OK, Now towards your problem.
A lot of people are getting the same error and the results from corruptioning of /data. First try factory reset from fastboot, then reboot. If it doesn't help then do a factory reset again and reboot your phone. If doesn't seen to help either then the only option left is to flash stock firmware through PC. Search the forum and you will get the desired result. Beaware that you will end up losing all your apps and SD card data.
I have factory reset from fastboot a couple of times also been Goin to stock a few times, been searching everywhere I haven had any luck the phone just been doing the same thing all the time.

I have rooted, install roms, an customized over 20 android devices I have own an never had this problem

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by chente323 View Post
I have factory reset from fastboot a couple of times also been Goin to stock a few times, been searching everywhere I haven had any luck the phone just been doing the same thing all the time.

I have rooted, install roms, an customized over 20 android devices I have own an never had this problem
So here's a detailed instruction for you to follow.
1. In fast boot mode connect phone to PC.
2. In CMD (adb) in PC type the command "fastboot devices" without quotes and post the reply to me.
3. In the CMD, type the command "adb erase userdata","adb erase cache" without quotes. (It will wipe all your data and SD card)
4. Now download the firmware (new firmware download it in case there may be issues with the old one you have downloaded) and also TWRP-2.7.0.0.falcon by dhacker. Copy both the files in the adb folder.
5. Rename the twrp-2.7.0.0.falcon.IMG to recovery.img
6. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode and flash the recovery by topping command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"without quotes.
7. On your phone scroll to recovery option and long press volume up key until the phone vibrates. The phone will boot into recovery.
8. In recovery goto advanced-file manager. And check whether your /datafilleris empty or not (it will be empty)
9. In recovery go to wipe and wipe /system /data /cache. Next reboot your phone to boot loader mode.
10. Flash any firmware from your PC through fastboot. Then reboot your phone.
If it doesn't help either reply to me, there's other workaround too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chente323
Old
(Last edited by chente323; 3rd April 2014 at 05:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
2. In CMD (adb) in PC type the command "fastboot devices" without quotes and post the reply to me.
3. In the CMD, type the command "adb erase userdata","adb erase cache" without quotes. (It will wipe all your data and SD card)
4. Now download the firmware (new firmware download it in case there may be issues with the old one you have downloaded) and also TWRP-2.7.0.0.falcon by dhacker. Copy both the files in the adb folder.
6. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode and flash the recovery by topping command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"without quotes.
7. On your phone scroll to recovery option and long press volume up key until the phone vibrates. The phone will boot into recovery.
8. In recovery goto advanced-file manager. And check whether your /datafilleris empty or not (it will be empty)
9. In recovery go to wipe and wipe /system /data /cache. Next reboot your phone to boot loader mode.
This is the same thing a friend told me to do we did it had no luck Did it 2 times just in case I dint do it right the first time

notnowjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi forgotter! I have the same problem... won't boot with any ROM. I've followed your instructions but stil stucked on the boot logo. I will try the second method you provided now, hope that works

LoPirata
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Dude, thank you very much!
I think that my moto g was bricked an then hav to spend some bucks to buy another.
Your hint worked like a charm!
Is my first post here just to say THANK YOU!

sinkadorable
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Still cannot enter recovery
Btw. What different GPE than retail stockrom?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

forgotter
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Read the thread throughout and post all logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkadorable View Post
Still cannot enter recovery
Btw. What different GPE than retail stockrom?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
Can you post the logs (required) with screen shots(optional) only then I may help you further.

BTW difference between Stock ROM and GPE is that stock ROM contains Motorola bloatware/feature such as Moto camera, Moto Boot, Moto assist and others while GPE is a pure android without all these.