FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey Guys/Girls,

There's a topic on what im about to ask here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480256 however no-one has replied, hoping s4 mini users may be a bit more helpful .

Basically, I'm using Nova launcher and for the life of me can't get my widgets to look like they do in Touchwiz, is there any way to reduce the padding on the widgets?

I've seen someone saying that this is the reason they don't use Nova but Apex instead, can anyone confirm this?

With the screenshots, the one on the left is using Nova launcher and the one on the right stock Touchwiz.

Any help would be grweatly appreciated .

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-03-08-57-36.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2665316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-03-09-21-17.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	2665317  
3rd April 2014, 08:09 AM |#2  
arsradu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel04

Hey Guys/Girls,

There's a topic on what im about to ask here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480256 however no-one has replied, hoping s4 mini users may be a bit more helpful .

Basically, I'm using Nova launcher and for the life of me can't get my widgets to look like they do in Touchwiz, is there any way to reduce the padding on the widgets?

I've seen someone saying that this is the reason they don't use Nova but Apex instead, can anyone confirm this?

With the screenshots, the one on the left is using Nova launcher and the one on the right stock Touchwiz.

Any help would be grweatly appreciated .

Cheers.

The Yahoo Weather widget is a 2x2, not 4x2.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
3rd April 2014, 08:32 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsradu

The Yahoo Weather widget is a 2x2, not 4x2.

Do you mean in my screenshot? I know as this is a size option with the Yahoo weather widget and i don't want the 4x2 widget. As you could see though, it looks much nicer in the Samsung Touchwiz than in Nova launcher (looks much more elongated).

I've set the number of rows and columns the same as Touchwiz as well as seting the height margin to non and width margin to small but that hasnt helped.

Cheers.
3rd April 2014, 08:39 AM |#4  
arsradu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel04

Do you mean in my screenshot? I know as this is a size option with the Yahoo weather widget and i don't want the 4x2 widget. As you could see though, it looks much nicer in the Samsung Touchwiz than in Nova launcher (looks much more elongated).

I've set the number of rows and columns the same as Touchwiz as well as seting the height margin to non and width margin to small but that hasnt helped.

Cheers.

Looks the same on my s4 mini... It's not elongated unless you manually resize it. Have a look at the attached screenshot, please. Tell me if that's what you mean.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396510738060.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2665674  
Last edited by arsradu; 3rd April 2014 at 08:50 AM.
3rd April 2014, 08:50 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsradu

Looks the same on my s4 mini... It's not elongated unless you manually resize it. Have a look at the attached screenshot, please.Attachment 2665674 Tell me if that's what you mean.

Hmm that looks much better than mine! How many rows/columns are you using? Also are you using Nova launcher? If so which version?

Cheers,
3rd April 2014, 08:56 AM |#6  
arsradu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel04

Hmm that looks much better than mine! How many rows/columns are you using? Also are you using Nova launcher? If so which version?

Cheers,

LOL. Yeah, I'm using the default everything in Nova Launcher. Nova Launcher is version 2.3.

BUT

The Yahoo Weather widget is a 2x2, default size. The BBC News widget is a 3x3 RESIZED into a 2x2 to fit into the top right corner. Like in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-04-03-105627.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2665703  
Last edited by arsradu; 3rd April 2014 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arsradu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes