NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Best Apps for transferring files over WiFi?

OP palomino6294

5th April 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
palomino6294's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Culiacán
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Hi everyone,

An iOS App called "DeskConnect" caught my attention because it is pretty neat at what it does. It allows you to send files from your PC/Mac to your, in this case, iDevice (or vice versa) over WiFi in a breeze. You just have to download the App on the computer and iDevice register with the same account on both devices.


My question is, is their an application similar to DeskConnect for Android? I'd like to download an App on my Mac and HTC One and be able to send stuff from my computer by just dragging what I want to send into the application and then receiving the document in the application on my phone.

I know I can probably connect my phone via USB and then transfer files like but I want to know if there is an easy way to do this over WiFi.
5th April 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
AirDroid is pretty cool for doing that.
For me sometimes a bit buggy though. (especially when transferring mp3)

Still in my opinion the best choice!
Everything runs over your browser.

Ps: the registration is only needed if you want to transfer files through the Internet rather than using your network.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
Last edited by cm2003; 5th April 2014 at 02:10 AM.
5th April 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
PushBullet is what I use. But the limit for uploading a file is 25MB. I know some apps are bigger than that but it's worked well for me so far, light on the PC and phone, just runs on the browser as well.
5th April 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #4  
palomino6294's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Culiacán
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrerj004

PushBullet is what I use. But the limit for uploading a file is 25MB. I know some apps are bigger than that but it's worked well for me so far, light on the PC and phone, just runs on the browser as well.

PushBullet! It's simple. Download the app to your phone and the Chrome extension, log in to both and voila "push" files with one click!
5th April 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #5  
rider5512's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buxton
Thanks Meter: 1,848
 
2,806 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomino6294

Hi everyone,

An iOS App called "DeskConnect" caught my attention because it is pretty neat at what it does. It allows you to send files from your PC/Mac to your, in this case, iDevice (or vice versa) over WiFi in a breeze. You just have to download the App on the computer and iDevice register with the same account on both devices.


My question is, is their an application similar to DeskConnect for Android? I'd like to download an App on my Mac and HTC One and be able to send stuff from my computer by just dragging what I want to send into the application and then receiving the document in the application on my phone.

I know I can probably connect my phone via USB and then transfer files like but I want to know if there is an easy way to do this over WiFi.

I've been using WiFi File Transfer Pro for a good while now, it's very good..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en
5th April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I would say Air Droid is best because you can also control your camera and have notifications displayed on the PC
7th April 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 25
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1998

I would say Air Droid is best because you can also control your camera and have notifications displayed on the PC

Air Droid is a manager, WiFi File Transfer Pro is full fledge file transfer

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #8  
rezaluchu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Android has a lot better solution than that. You can install "Software data Cable" . Chose Sync and it create an FTP server. You just need to have a FTP client on your PC/Mac/Linux.

What's more, when the phone is not in wifi network, it can create an wireless Hotspot.

Sent from my HTC One
5th April 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #9  
gagp2p's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
i use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utey.FTPServer

working with wlan/3g
5th April 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
ES File Explorer which is very easy to setup, especially using this guide
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes