Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to port a rom to my device, need some help.

Tip us?
 
Andromendous
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 488
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Trying to port a rom to my device, need some help.

Hello all, Im in the process of learning how to build a rom from source, I've got a good Xubuntu setup running, got my android enviroment setup, and the source downloaded, now im having problems figuring out how to extract all the files need from my device (flo) to start building.

I was wondering if anyone out there with the knowladge had any time to spare to a hungry mind. I've googled a few pages, and videos, but none of them are working. Well, hopfully someone out there has the time, and is bored enough.
 
Andromendous
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 488
Join Date: Feb 2014
anybody? maybe point me in the right direction?
 
a2441918
Old
#3  
a2441918's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3388
Posts: 1,425
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromendous View Post
anybody? maybe point me in the right direction?
Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.
 
Andromendous
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 488
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918 View Post
Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.
thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source
 
a2441918
Old
#5  
a2441918's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3388
Posts: 1,425
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromendous View Post
thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source
Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.
The Following User Says Thank You to a2441918 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Andromendous
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 488
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918 View Post
Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.
thanks for the help, however, i guess im just not experienced enough to know what to do, i would probably need someone to help guide me through this, unless someone is willing to help me, i think im just gonna call it a quits, thanks for the help though
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more