Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

extended batteries?

Tip us?
 
skepticmisfit
Old
#1  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 682
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default extended batteries?

any of you use one? if so, what model? pretty sure the OEM 1500 MAh battery is dying
 
icemanwbs
Old
#2  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 951
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
 
skepticmisfit
Old
#3  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 682
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs View Post
I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
is this the black model you mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-1800mA.../dp/B005NC86BU

someone said that fits in an Epic 4G so who knows, might work in a fassy, but yeah. i'd rather have something OEM, i don't trust cheap chinese batteries
 
icemanwbs
Old
#4  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 951
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
 
skepticmisfit
Old
#5  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 682
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs View Post
Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line
 
icemanwbs
Old
#6  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 951
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
 
skepticmisfit
Old
#7  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 682
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanwbs View Post
Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pahlevy
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line
i have once using anker 1800 mah battery... it's last longer than my old oem fassy battery... but problem is i drop it once without the phone and it suddenly unusable while my good ol fassy battery are still working after several drops...

I'm still using my oem fassy battery now since its very difficult to find replacement for it in my country... but its still working good only its last about 8 hours on standby (data on)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)
im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic...

Thank you...
 
skepticmisfit
Old
#9  
skepticmisfit's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 682
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlevy View Post
im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic...

Thank you...
i use cm7 stable, which you can download here: http://get.cm/get/2Kh
i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/C...-V13_1-REL.zip

this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch.
and yes this is more stable than stock EH03, which liked to reboot itself often for some reason, and had a laggy UI, but it does a bit better in benchmarks for some reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
icemanwbs
Old
#10  
icemanwbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 951
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
i use cm7 stable, which you can download here: http://get.cm/get/2Kh
i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/C...-V13_1-REL.zip

this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch.
and yes this is more stable than stock EH03, which liked to reboot itself often for some reason, and had a laggy UI, but it does a bit better in benchmarks for some reason.
That just takes me to a cyanogen mod installer app. Try it and says device not supported. Hmmmm....I'll look into further. BTW, which version of cm7 ? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes