Default Phone is slow to send text messages

Starting about a week ago my phone became slower and slower to send and receive text messages. I use the stock messaging software platform. Data is fine and so are phonecalls and connecting. When I first start my phone it takes the normal 1-2 sec for the circle to stop spinning and show the sent timestamp and it's fairly snappy on the receive as well. But after a few hours the phone slows down to taking anywhere between 30 sec to a minute to send and god knows how long to receive. I don't think it's the network as my girlfriend is on the same plan sitting next to me and hers are very snappy. My phone operates fairly snappy but it'll take 30 sec to a min to shutdown. I've tried clearing the cache on the app and clearing the active RAM with no effect. No errors seem to report and no new apps on my phone except for a couple pushed updates. Only thing that seems to help is a reboot. I've also done a factory reset just to clear everything out and re-installed all apps from the market and not using TiBu and the issue returns.

Thoughts?

Setup:
Android 4.3 rooted MK2
most AT&T and some samsung apps frozen
less than 200 text messages in total
gererent mea auferto filius
pax erit, cum tu fiunt

HTC One M8 T-Mobile