Ask a question

No registration required

USB Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

OP jclingler5213

6th April 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.
Last edited by jclingler5213; 6th April 2014 at 03:16 AM.
6th April 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
This will be supported in the update Monday its in the notes on things updating
7th April 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

272 posts
I just did the update and plugged in a mouse via OTG cable and it seems to be working fine. Makes stuff like Plants vs Zombies really playable having a mouse.
16th April 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 13

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclingler5213

Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.

I'm using a K400 and it works just fine. Both the keyboard and mouse pad are working great. I plugged in the OTG connector with the dongle already plugged into it and it wasn't recognized. I had to first plug in the OTG cable and then plug the dongle into the OTG.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread