Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Tip us?

jclingler5213
Old
(Last edited by jclingler5213; 6th April 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default USB Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.

eric4shay
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This will be supported in the update Monday its in the notes on things updating

z28james
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I just did the update and plugged in a mouse via OTG cable and it seems to be working fine. Makes stuff like Plants vs Zombies really playable having a mouse.

SPIDERTECH
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclingler5213 View Post
Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.
I'm using a K400 and it works just fine. Both the keyboard and mouse pad are working great. I plugged in the OTG connector with the dongle already plugged into it and it wasn't recognized. I had to first plug in the OTG cable and then plug the dongle into the OTG.