Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

Note 3 charging problem

OP dbairduk

7th April 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lancashire, UK
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
This morning my battery was dead and the phone was off.
When I used the supplied charging cable plugged into the wall, it shows the battery with the circle to show its plugged in, then goes to the battery with the green bar and switches off. It vibrates and then shows the battery with the circle and and then the charging battery, and does the same again.
When I turned the phone on it shows no charger is connected. I think it did show the power bolt in the battery after a while, but charged very slowly.
I get exactly the same with 2 different micro usb cables. Even when its stuck in this charging loop it is charging slowly as when I turn the phone back on the battery is showing a bit of green and not just ! in the battery,

I read on another forum a few people with the same problem, but they seem to be getting fobbed of and the cable blamed. I am 100% sure its not the cable.
So that leaves the port or something else in the phone.. But if its getting a charge from the cable.. it doesn't sound likely.

My PC does not detect it as a device though.

Anyone else on here experienced this?
7th April 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #2  
toastido's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 542
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
If your computer doesn't even see it, and you're absolutely sure it's not the cable, then it's quite possible is the micro usb port, or the board itself. You can rule out the board by outfitting it with wireless charging past and charging plate. If it charges fine there its the port. If not its likely the board.

Alternatively, send it in for warranty repair or take it back where you got it.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 199
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

If your computer doesn't even see it, and you're absolutely sure it's not the cable, then it's quite possible is the micro usb port, or the board itself. You can rule out the board by outfitting it with wireless charging past and charging plate. If it charges fine there its the port. If not its likely the board.

Alternatively, send it in for warranty repair or take it back where you got it.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.3 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T

Well said.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Monte Alto
Thanks Meter: 5
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
My note 3 are doing the same thing! I'm very scary. I don't know what to do.

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Lancashire, UK
Thanks Meter: 5
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecomiquelin

My note 3 are doing the same thing! I'm very scary. I don't know what to do.

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk

There where about 10 people with this on another forum, some blamed the cable but most said its an issue with the phone.. I was thinking of sodding the warranty and rooting it a few weeks ago too. Doubt I will be doing that now
The Following User Says Thank You to dbairduk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbairduk

There where about 10 people with this on another forum, some blamed the cable but most said its an issue with the phone.. I was thinking of sodding the warranty and rooting it a few weeks ago too. Doubt I will be doing that now

Hi everyone,
How didi you guys resolve the problem as i have this problem since yesterday.. kindly let me know the solution if you guys have it

thanks
25th July 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Had same problem with my S3, and turned out to be USB port problem but to fix it had to change board, which I didn't do cause of its price, hopefully won't happen to my Note 3, hope samsung makes stronger and more efficient ports.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank