FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolocuico For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicolocuico Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 04:01 AM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolocuico

I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polish_pat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polish_pat Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 12:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough

Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?
8th April 2014, 06:17 PM |#4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?

Any class 10 70mb will keep up with 4k.my Note 3 films in 4k and i have the samsung 64gb which keeps up without any hitch

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
15th August 2015, 07:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile Thank you!
Quote:

Thanks!
7th April 2014, 04:58 AM |#6  
Flag Gaithersburg
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsaavedra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rsaavedra Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 12:28 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaavedra

well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.

What's the story behind those 3 SD Cards from Sandisk? Because that's what I'm planning to buy.
7th April 2014, 09:30 PM |#8  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chelsea.tone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chelsea.tone Ad-Free
12th February 2016, 03:26 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea.tone

I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.

I just got a 128 gb SD card class 10 on amazon for 15 bucks
12th February 2016, 03:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veid71

I just got a 128 gb SD card class 10 on amazon for 15 bucks

That seems way low (unless it's SD and not MicroSD).

Did you try to write to the full 128 gb? Some unscrupoulous ebay/china manufacturers have been putting 2gb cells in SD cards and having them report 128gb. You don't find out until you try to write >2gb and your data magically disappears (after your return period).

Or it's a chinese-manufactured NAND (meaning generic brand card), which tend to have a higher failure rate (all your photos go poof in 6 months).

IMO, just go with the Samsung cards. Guaranteed to have Samsung-manufactured quality NAND.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)