Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The best Micro SD Card for the Galaxy S5

Tip us?

nicolocuico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage The best Micro SD Card for the Galaxy S5

I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolocuico View Post
I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!
I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough
The Following User Says Thank You to polish_pat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicolocuico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat View Post
I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough

Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Will the Sandisk Ultra keep up while using the 4k on a Galaxy S5? By means of video shooting and video playback?
Any class 10 70mb will keep up with 4k.my Note 3 films in 4k and i have the samsung 64gb which keeps up without any hitch

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rsaavedra
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsaavedra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicolocuico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaavedra View Post
well I went through 3 32GB SanDisk card's in less than 8 months, I invested the cash and got back then the 32GB Samsung card and is being working without a glitch for almost 2 years in the dot. Needless to say, I bought a 64GB Samsung card this go around.
What's the story behind those 3 SD Cards from Sandisk? Because that's what I'm planning to buy.

chelsea.tone
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.
Too Much Tech...Not Enough Money

Awaiting Galaxy S5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chelsea.tone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Airax
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I've used a SanDisk 64GB card for over a year with no issues. Before that a 32GB, which was the same. SanDisk have the largest market share in the UK by some margin (which aggrieves Samsung). I never did see intrinsically higher return rates on SanDisk cards or Samsung cards. Both brands are good, both make there own flash memory (Samsung would tell you they make ALOT of flash memory).
You however get lots of fake SanDisk cards (better brand equity), I've even seen reputable retailers get duped, which tends to happen less with Samsung.
Buy from a reputable retailer and which ever brand you choose you will be fine. I personally prefer SanDisk but I don't have a rational reason for it. 128GB will drop in price over the next 6 months (obvious really). So I'd save your money. Faster cards are better and for the small difference in cost it's worth it. Although be aware that you are not paying for better quality "memory" as per se but a faster controller.
The Following User Says Thank You to Airax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acaibowl
Old
(Last edited by Acaibowl; 8th April 2014 at 06:13 AM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 18
San Disk Extreme Plus 80 mb/s

http://amzn.com/B00DM1BDPK

Spartagek
Old
(Last edited by Spartagek; 8th April 2014 at 11:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I got me the Samsung 64MB
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/mem-sd-64gb-...0000021730120/

40 / 50€ depending on supplier

@degast ....

Oldskool is sometimes enough, but hoping my supplier sends me te 64GB version
The Following User Says Thank You to Spartagek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]