Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request for Stock Camera APK on HTC One (M8) Verizon

Tip us?

irock2drums
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Request for Stock Camera APK on HTC One (M8) Verizon

-4ndr01d-
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock2drums View Post
download the system dump from th android dev section, extract it from the zip
-Lil' E
| Droid X2 | Samsung Charge |HTC Incredible (changed my life ) | HTC ReZound | HTC EVO 4G | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One m8 |

venomized

StratosnypeR
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -4ndr01d- View Post
download the system dump from th android dev section, extract it from the zip
I wish I knew how to do that, but thanks, now I'll look it up and figure it out myself. That's what I love about xda. Cheers.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosnypeR View Post
I wish I knew how to do that, but thanks, now I'll look it up and figure it out myself. That's what I love about xda. Cheers.
It's quite simple really, I suggest you do some searching around and take a shot at it as I think that's the best way to learn, and if you still need help after that I and others will be more than glad to help

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,
The Following User Says Thank You to wtoj34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thepolishguy
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc6llgn6krphbf/camera.zip

The apks are zipped up. So unzipp it. And then do what you need.

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.
ROM supporter. HTC Imagio. Original Droid. Motorola Droid X. Samsung Galaxy S. Sprint Nexus S. Samsung Droid Charge. HTC ThunderBolt. Samasung Galaxy Nexus. Samsung Galaxy Note2. Samsung GalaxyS4. HTC One. MotoX. MotoX Dev Ed. HTC One M8. Samsung Galaxy Note3.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thepolishguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StratosnypeR
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy View Post
Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

The apks are zipped up. So unzipp it. And then do what you need.

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.
I REALLY wish I could thank you for this (as in clicking the little "thanks" button) but I do not have the option to do so. So take this as my metaphorical thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to StratosnypeR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thepolishguy
Old
Thanks Meter 183
This is my metaphorical you are welcome.

Sent from my VZW HTC M8
ROM supporter. HTC Imagio. Original Droid. Motorola Droid X. Samsung Galaxy S. Sprint Nexus S. Samsung Droid Charge. HTC ThunderBolt. Samasung Galaxy Nexus. Samsung Galaxy Note2. Samsung GalaxyS4. HTC One. MotoX. MotoX Dev Ed. HTC One M8. Samsung Galaxy Note3.

shawnten
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Isn't it in the play store now
Just type Google camera in playstore

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

goaten
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Uuuuhm... isn't it the HTC One M8 stock camera we're talking about...? The Google Camera was out long before may 2014 as far as I know in the Play Store...

If this is the HTC One M8 stock camera can I install it on my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition? If not does anyone know if I can and in that case point me to how? Googling that lead me here so I have tried googling it a bit (most results turn up stuff about stock android camera or the google camera)

evgeny71
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaten View Post
Uuuuhm... isn't it the HTC One M8 stock camera we're talking about...? The Google Camera was out long before may 2014 as far as I know in the Play Store...

If this is the HTC One M8 stock camera can I install it on my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition? If not does anyone know if I can and in that case point me to how? Googling that lead me here so I have tried googling it a bit (most results turn up stuff about stock android camera or the google camera)
I've just tried to install it on GPE. Ended up with HTC camera FC. Apparently this method won't work on GPE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk