Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] new to xperia z1 rooting

Tip us?

cainwireshark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] new to xperia z1 rooting

hi first of all am a noob when it comes it comes to rooting the xperia z1. The current android version am using is kitkat 14.3.A.0.681 and am using C6903 and i have seen posts on how to root it in this forum my issue is am a bit confused especially with stuff like unlock bootloader relock bootloader, CMW , downgrading etc i would really appreciate it if anybody could explain to me in detail how to root it especially direct rooting if theres any available or the procedure which requires downgrading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-45-23.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2673565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-12.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	2673566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-42.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	2673567  

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 7th April 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3690

DONATE TO ME
No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
4) Flash a 4.4.3 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed).
4.4.3? ..where it is?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3690

DONATE TO ME
Edited, cheers

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cainwireshark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default thanks

Quote:
No direct rooting.

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.

ok thank you downloading files will give feedback about progress

cainwireshark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default stuck at this point

Quote:
No direct rooting.

ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cainwireshark View Post
ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?
download it and run it. Yes you can choose to use CMW, Philz (Based on CMW) or TWRP. It will install all 3 recoveries onto your phone
Quote:

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions
No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

Follow me on twitter

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it
Sorry Greg to bother you again about this but I will be glad to know why we should flash supersu via recovery? I mean, if you telling this, there should be a good reason, right? which it is?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3690

DONATE TO ME
To get a am app that manages your error privalages. Without it nothing can be given root rights.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

Follow me on twitter