Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] adb problem mac

Tip us?

sonicshaman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] adb problem mac

I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonicshaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

commandocon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman View Post
I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.

sonicshaman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.
that helped, still was really hard to figure out-thanks. Using the terminal was hard for me.

commandocon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
So are you good to go,did you get s-off?

sonicshaman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon View Post
So are you good to go,did you get s-off?
I did, I guess next quest is permanent root.

commandocon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
how'd you make out sonic all good and done

lucky_strike33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman View Post
Here is a great tutorial for the Mac. Makes it easier to us

http://rk00064.blogspot.com/2012/10/...ot-on.html?m=1

My All New One
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky_strike33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sonicshaman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I did get s off, not permanent root yet though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk