Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] adb problem mac

OP sonicshaman

7th April 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

130 posts
I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonicshaman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.
8th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.

that helped, still was really hard to figure out-thanks. Using the terminal was hard for me.
8th April 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #4  

94 posts
So are you good to go,did you get s-off?
8th April 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon

So are you good to go,did you get s-off?

I did, I guess next quest is permanent root.
10th April 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #6  

94 posts
how'd you make out sonic all good and done
8th April 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 64

378 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

Here is a great tutorial for the Mac. Makes it easier to us

http://rk00064.blogspot.com/2012/10/...ot-on.html?m=1

My All New One
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky_strike33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
I did get s off, not permanent root yet though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread