Xiaomi Finally Releases Kernel Sources

If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when … more

SwipeBack for Xposed Updated with Lollipop Compatibility

When the Xposed Framework was announced for Android Lollipop, most modules … more

One M9 Firmware Guide & Collection

While it is still under construction, XDA Recognized Contributor herwegan‘s thread will … more

Xiaomi Announces Redmi 2A and More for 5th Anniversary

Xiaomi was founded on April 6th, 2010 and its fifth anniversary is just around … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] adb problem mac

7th April 2014, 09:21 PM |#1  
sonicshaman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Walden, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonicshaman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 10:20 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.
8th April 2014, 03:06 AM |#3  
sonicshaman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Walden, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
i had similiar problems plus some , i just setup adb using that guide , get thru that and you should have a idea what your doing

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

plus if any mods see this post is there anyway i can be verified member so that i dont have to type in that stupid verification everytime i post , appreciate it.

that helped, still was really hard to figure out-thanks. Using the terminal was hard for me.
8th April 2014, 10:53 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
So are you good to go,did you get s-off?
8th April 2014, 03:14 PM |#5  
sonicshaman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Walden, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandocon

So are you good to go,did you get s-off?

I did, I guess next quest is permanent root.
10th April 2014, 12:29 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
how'd you make out sonic all good and done
8th April 2014, 02:49 PM |#7  
lucky_strike33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
418 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

I'm trying to jump on the S-off bandwagon. I can't seem to get my mac to see the device. I installed HTC sync-it saw it there, then removed program as suggested. I'm not sure if my problem is missing drivers or something in the way I'm trying to start/run adb. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the firewater site. I'm fine up until the point where I need to do the adb part.

Here is a great tutorial for the Mac. Makes it easier to us

http://rk00064.blogspot.com/2012/10/...ot-on.html?m=1

My All New One
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky_strike33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 04:59 AM |#8  
sonicshaman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Walden, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
I did get s off, not permanent root yet though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes