FORUMS

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone know if the Fire TV has any Miracast support at launch? I saw according to the press release it's coming later this year, but not much information aside from that.
Last edited by drawde; 8th April 2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: wrong location.. mods please delete
10th April 2014, 10:52 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawde

Anyone know if the Fire TV has any Miracast support at launch? I saw according to the press release it's coming later this year, but not much information aside from that.

I posted in a long thread before there was a separate forum. I had no luck with Miracast. However, a new alternative has popped up. If you have a 4.4.2 rooted device, you can download Clockworkmod Mirror beta and the receiver app, and you can get similar functionality.
18th April 2014, 04:37 AM |#3  
krelvinaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaudiblex

I posted in a long thread before there was a separate forum. I had no luck with Miracast. However, a new alternative has popped up. If you have a 4.4.2 rooted device, you can download Clockworkmod Mirror beta and the receiver app, and you can get similar functionality.

My FTV showed up today... I sideloaded the AllCast Receiver and AllCast works good. However mirror doesn't see the FTV at all. 4.4.2 rooted GN3. Never had a device it would work with so I'm not sure if the app is working (didn't support chromecast on my phone).
21st April 2014, 08:38 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz

My FTV showed up today... I sideloaded the AllCast Receiver and AllCast works good. However mirror doesn't see the FTV at all. 4.4.2 rooted GN3. Never had a device it would work with so I'm not sure if the app is working (didn't support chromecast on my phone).

Allcast is now available in the Fire TV Appstore. No need to side load it.
22nd April 2014, 07:39 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does allcast also work with ios? If not is there any casting app that work.
22nd April 2014, 01:14 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantang

Does allcast also work with ios? If not is there any casting app that work.

XBMC and SPMC support Airplay. I have not tested it yet, but will tonight.
14th April 2014, 10:26 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
You can try AllCast. It has support for Fire TV now. You will need to sideload the app to your FTV.
28th September 2014, 06:25 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Hi,

i just received my Fire TV and also tried to connect my Microsoft Surface2 via Miracast with the FTV...which did not work at all. The FTV Box is just not shown as Miracast enabled device. Do I have something to activate first, or is the FTV just not working with Maracas (for now)?

Tanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes