FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
anyone knows when fire TV will be sold in Canada?
10th April 2014, 05:06 PM |#2  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,883
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wliu88

anyone knows when fire TV will be sold in Canada?

I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.
11th April 2014, 12:26 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.

I though some Canadian customers had reported getting 'content unavailable in your area" messages.
11th April 2014, 05:01 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairnage

I though some Canadian customers had reported getting 'content unavailable in your area" messages.

A US-based VPN service would be a good way around that.
29th April 2014, 12:37 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Honestly, I'd stay away from it for now.

I just got one (I'm Canadian), and I've setup a US based DNS that I use for Netflix, etc. on all my other devices and I still get content unavailable errors. I can't even *install* netflix without sideloading it right now.

This isn't ready to be used in Canada, go get an Android stick or a Google TV for now (I'm still using my Hisense Pulse's because the FireTV is so broken in Canada right now).

Luckily I had to get one for some development work so I'm not that disappointed, but don't buy this yet and expect it to work well in Canada, even with a US VPN/DNS...
5th May 2014, 07:36 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Do you think us canadians will get the firmware updates from Amazon with a canadian IP?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes