CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Where to buy a new screen in the UK

8th April 2014, 01:18 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake
8th April 2014, 01:39 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 106
 
466 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000

Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake

Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself
8th April 2014, 01:47 PM |#3  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 83
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself

Right , and i suggest this way too
8th April 2014, 01:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself

I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped
Last edited by freddy0000; 8th April 2014 at 02:04 PM.
8th April 2014, 02:30 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 106
 
466 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000

I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped

Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it
8th April 2014, 03:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it

I have just done that but the best they could tell me was send it in and wait for a quote and either send it back unrepaired for 27 or to dispose the device free of charge. Just dont know if its worth it though as i remember a few years ago sending my sensation in and because the screen had a little crack in it they wanted 200 just to fix the screen

Thanks replaced the screen and working great so far
Last edited by freddy0000; 15th April 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes