Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Boot loop. Can't boot into recovery anymore.

OP Cap'n Jazz

8th April 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong but my sgh959g is boot looping and won't go into recovery. It still goes into download mode so I tried flashing new CWM in odin, but still can't get into recovery. Anybody able to help me out?
8th April 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,300

1,300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz

I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong but my sgh959g is boot looping and won't go into recovery. It still goes into download mode so I tried flashing new CWM in odin, but still can't get into recovery. Anybody able to help me out?

Are you using the correct button combo: both volume keys+power until you see the Samsung logo?

And where did you get the CWM you flashed? Hopefully it's for your device!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,228

2,200 posts
More
Also it would be good to know what ROM you were running when this happened. What version cwm were you using? What cwm did you flash? Hopefully you used the the ones over in @mr-cook 's straight talk thread.

And by chance, does the little top hat flash briefly when you try to boot recovery?
Last edited by razen_kain; 9th April 2014 at 06:22 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread