Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] GPS Doesnt work, 0 satellites in view

Tip us?

jst07
Old
(Last edited by jst07; 9th June 2014 at 06:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [SOLVED] GPS Doesnt work, 0 satellites in view

Hey, hoping you guys can help me with a problem. I got a LS980 G2 a few months ago and promptly rooted and put PA on it (2/27 build at the time). I'm now on the 3/12 build, and I've noticed that my GPS doesn't work. I'm looking at GPS Test and I'm not getting any satellites in view.

From other posts, it appears that GPS works in PA 4 for other sprint g2s, but mine doesn't work. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it? Thanks!

jst07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
bump...hopefully someone has an idea

Mattx94
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst07 View Post
bump...hopefully someone has an idea
other times it has always worked well?

jst07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattx94 View Post
other times it has always worked well?
Unfortunately, in my excitement of getting a new phone I never tested all the features before slapping TWRP and PA on it

Mattx94
Old
Thanks Meter 4
ok ... so the first thing I suggest you download the app from the store that play is called "GPS test", put in an outdoor location and see if it works. If it does not work well you probably have the same problem I've had time ago, and many of whom suffer from G2, or that the GPS antenna is not well contact with the cover, and then the GPS reception is really bad. To fix this you must open the back cover and lift the contact, and ensure that they make contact with the cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst07 View Post
Unfortunately, in my excitement of getting a new phone I never tested all the features before slapping TWRP and PA on it
i'm sorry for my bad english..

LG G2 (D802) : CloudyG3

jst07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattx94 View Post
ok ... so the first thing I suggest you download the app from the store that play is called "GPS test", put in an outdoor location and see if it works. If it does not work well you probably have the same problem I've had time ago, and many of whom suffer from G2, or that the GPS antenna is not well contact with the cover, and then the GPS reception is really bad. To fix this you must open the back cover and lift the contact, and ensure that they make contact with the cover.
I do have GPS test. When you were experiencing the issue, did you have 0 satellites in view also or just a really bad signal or no GPS lock?

Murtagh92
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I want to do the same, I've a D802, where can I take the file to flash the stock rom?

Inviato dal mio GT-P5210 utilizzando Tapatalk