Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 wont turn on or charge but connects to the computer

Tip us?

n023b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Galaxy S3 wont turn on or charge but connects to the computer

Hello, I have an sgh-i747 it was running task650s rom and one day it just randomly shut off. I tried everything and was told to buy a jig to put the phone into download mode. I bought a jig, plugged it in, still nothing. When I plug it into the computer it shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD #3 (im using a mac).

What should I do next? All I did was plug the jig into the USB but nothing happened.

This is the jig I bought
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271353549321?...84.m1497.l2649

n023b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
anyone?

brianray14
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by n023b View Post
Hello, I have an sgh-i747 it was running task650s rom and one day it just randomly shut off. I tried everything and was told to buy a jig to put the phone into download mode. I bought a jig, plugged it in, still nothing. When I plug it into the computer it shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD #3 (im using a mac).

What should I do next? All I did was plug the jig into the USB but nothing happened.

This is the jig I bought
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271353549321?...84.m1497.l2649
Is your warranty up? Did you try a different battery? Sounds like a hardware failure. How long were you running tasks650 before the problem occurred? Did you flash the ROM that is specific to AT&T? You could try contacting josh at mobiletechvideos.com. Head to his site and chat with him as he's quite knowledgeable. I don't use a mac so i'd have no idea what that error code means. Sorry i wasn't much help. Good luck
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
Gunmetal Silver HTC ONE M8 AT&T - UNLOCKED S-OFF
ROM : STOCK 4.4.2
Hboot : 3.16.0.0000
Radio : 1.16.21331931.LA11G
Recovery : TWRP Touch Recovery v2.7.0.2
Kernel : STOCK
MOD : Sense 6 Toolbox

n023b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14 View Post
Is your warranty up? Did you try a different battery? Sounds like a hardware failure. How long were you running tasks650 before the problem occurred? Did you flash the ROM that is specific to AT&T? You could try contacting josh at mobiletechvideos.com. Head to his site and chat with him as he's quite knowledgeable. I don't use a mac so i'd have no idea what that error code means. Sorry i wasn't much help. Good luck
-Warranty is long gone.
-Yup tried a different battery and a different charger
-I've been running the rom for over 2 years
-Yes it was the correct one
-tHANKS ill give him a try
-I dont think its an error code its just what the device shows up in mac

n023b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
When I plug in the phone without the battery the orange light pops up does that mean its not a charging problem?

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by n023b View Post
When I plug in the phone without the battery the orange light pops up does that mean its not a charging problem?
It does sound like a hardware rather than firmware issue. Did you try another battery in the phone or try the current battery in another device? If it isn't something as simple as a completely dead battery, it could be a short somewhere on the motherboard.

n023b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
It does sound like a hardware rather than firmware issue. Did you try another battery in the phone or try the current battery in another device? If it isn't something as simple as a completely dead battery, it could be a short somewhere on the motherboard.
Yup tried another battery and tried the current battery in another phone and it worked fine.

I did change the sim card reader when I first got the phone like 2 years ago maybe something is shorting out the MB now I'll check it out