Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Sim unlock site recommendations?

11th April 2014, 06:56 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest ORA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks
11th April 2014, 06:57 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest ORA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks

ORA =OTA. Sorry
11th April 2014, 07:03 PM |#3  
frapeti's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cordoba, Argentina
Thanks Meter: 4,076
 
1,026 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Did you try the service menu method?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 07:07 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frapeti

Did you try the service menu method?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

Yes. But it doesn't get past step 4. I don't get a menu with UMTS on it - or any menu in fact
11th April 2014, 08:29 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Yes. But it doesn't get past step 4. I don't get a menu with UMTS on it - or any menu in fact

Question on the service method unlock. Should the S4 have the original EE sim in it, no sim or the new SIM in it when I try that method?
12th April 2014, 01:19 AM |#6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 771
 
2,571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest OTA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks

You can try this ONE. It worked perfectly for me
Last edited by Joku1981; 12th April 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes