Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Disable KitKat translucent status bar

Tip us?

MlucianoEze
Old
(Last edited by MlucianoEze; 20th April 2014 at 05:50 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [SOLVED] Disable KitKat translucent status bar

Hi, I would like to disable KitKat translucent statusbar, to leave it like Jelly Bean.

Thank you.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MlucianoEze View Post
Hi, I would like to disable KitKat translucent statusbar, to leave it like Jelly Bean.

Thank you.
That's one of the more desirable features for most, but can't please em all. But without knowing what phone you have, what update it's on, if you have a custom rom or recovery, etc, there won't be a way to even point you in the right direction. There isn't a generic setting to just switch on or off to change this feature as it is themed in the SystemUi.apk and / or framework stuff, depending on what you have.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MlucianoEze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
That's one of the more desirable features for most, but can't please em all. But without knowing what phone you have, what update it's on, if you have a custom rom or recovery, etc, there won't be a way to even point you in the right direction. There isn't a generic setting to just switch on or off to change this feature as it is themed in the SystemUi.apk and / or framework stuff, depending on what you have.
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-i777 with CM11 (unofficial) and CWM 6.0.4.7.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-i777 with CM11 (unofficial) and CWM 6.0.4.7.

Well, then that should be fairly easy, as it has the Theme Chooser built in. There are hundreds of themes that will work on that, including ones for CM10, and many have solid status bars. Another option, if you don't want to theme anything else would be using something like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...droid-t2316070

It needs the Xposed Framework:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...fying-t1574401

Keep in mind, using ART instead of Dalvik runtime will cause Xposed not to work properly.
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MlucianoEze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Well, then that should be fairly easy, as it has the Theme Chooser built in. There are hundreds of themes that will work on that, including ones for CM10, and many have solid status bars. Another option, if you don't want to theme anything else would be using something like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...droid-t2316070

It needs the Xposed Framework:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...fying-t1574401

Keep in mind, using ART instead of Dalvik runtime will cause Xposed not to work properly.
Thank you for the info, I will try it. I wrote this thread because there is a theme that didn't show properly because of the status bar.

MlucianoEze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Thank you for the info, I will try it. I wrote this thread because there is a theme that didn't show properly because of the status bar.
I installed it, but I don't see any tweak related with that...

MlucianoEze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
You see?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398012206979.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2698140   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398012214502.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2698141  

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You see?

Yea, sorry, I guess mine is doing the same thing. I just tried the Xblast Tools though, and that one worked for me.[COLOR="Silver"]

Edit: sorry, wrote ^ that before I saw you figured it out. Glad all is well now.

MlucianoEze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I found the solution!!!

The option was in "Visulization options" (or something like that. I have my phone in spanish)

Thank you!!!

This thread is solved.