Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help! No network after flashing gpe!

OP PNGC

21st April 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

60 posts
So, first of all -- I get it, I'm a noob. But everyone's gotta start somewhere, and so did you.

Moving on, I had a stock Galaxy S4 i9505 on 4.2.2, locked to Portugal's Vodafone (I now understand this is probably what caused my issues).

I wiped data, cache, and flashed the Google Play Edition ROM. When the phone booted, I had no network, even after inserting the PIN number and going through the setup process. So I went to the Network Carrier selector in the Settings (Settings More - Mobile Networks - Network Operators) and selected Vodafone from the menu.

Then I got network. For 2 minutes. Then no network again, until I repeated. So this was driving me nuts, and I Googled what to do, and found out I could use an app called "Network" to try and switch from WCDMA to CDMA. So I downloaded that app, changed my network (to something - I don't know what since I can't open the app, as it crashes every time), and I'm still with the same issue.

Flashed back stock image and restored nandroid backup - nothing helped. Any solutions?

TL;DR: GS4 Locked to Vodafone -- Flashed GPe ROM -- No Network -- Flashed Stock -- Still no network

EDIT: I actually didn't quite flash back to where I was before, so I can't get my Nandroid backup to work (bootloop); I was on 4.2.2 stock, ended up flashing 4.3 stock since I couldn't find a 4.2.2, so my backup doesn't work.
Last edited by PNGC; 21st April 2014 at 11:53 PM.
22nd April 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

60 posts
Bump! Please someone help out, it's not my phone, it's my dad's, and I really have to get it to work really fast, he needs it for work.
22nd April 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Asunción
Thanks Meter: 58

266 posts
More
Do you have a correct imei?
22nd April 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertostorm

Do you have a correct imei?

Could you please elaborate? I have no idea what a correct IMEI would be.
22nd April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #5  
Flag Asunción
Thanks Meter: 58

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGC

Could you please elaborate? I have no idea what a correct IMEI would be.

dial this *#06# check if the number matches the one on the phone (below the sim slot)
22nd April 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertostorm

dial this *#06# check if the number matches the one on the phone (below the sim slot)

When I do that a pop-up says:

MEID

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread