FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
[ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED! - Download and use "ROOT Genius" to root this particular brand of tablet. I have personally tested it and can confirm it works on Firmware revisions: v1.0.07 and v1.0.9! Thanks to "brugos" for finding the fix and bringing it to my attention!]

Hey guys

I do hope I have posted this question in the correct forum, if not I do apologise.

As you can probably tell from the title, I am looking for a way to root my 9.7 inch Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7 tablet (Model: PMP5297C_QUAD).

I have been looking for a way to root this since December, and even though I have found several articles (non English) explaining how to root this device (and have been through all the relevant threads I could find regarding my device on XDA), all of the guides have been for firmware v1.0.3 - my tablet is v1.0.7. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and although CWM installed and launched fine, installing the SuperSU binary via CWM did nothing. It installs, but nothing appears in Android when I reboot, and installing SuperSU from Play Store alerts me that the SuperSU binaries are not installed.

I tried "Kingo Android ROOT" and that wouldn't even detect the device, which isn't surprising as it isn't listed on their website. However somebody on a similar thread (on XDA) suggested that the OP (who has the same tablet as myself) at least try it. I did try it, and sadly it doesn't work.

Device information:
Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7" Tablet
Model Number: PMP5297C_QUAD
Firmware: v1.0.7 (December 2013)
FW Build Number: PMP5297C_QUAD_20131204_V1.0.7
Android Version: 4.2.2

If there is anybody out there who has any idea what to try, then I am willing to listen. If anybody needs any other information, I am more than willing to give it

Cheers guys
Last edited by ReNZoRUK; 17th May 2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Issue has been solved! - thanks brugos!
25th April 2014, 08:13 PM |#2  
Flag Olsztyn
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Prestigio multipad 4 quantum 9.7
The same here..trying to find a way to root for the new firmware...still haven't got anything...
25th April 2014, 08:26 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Yeah... doesn't seem to be a very popular brand of tablet :/ Which is a shame as its pretty damn snappy with the v1.0.7 firmware. I wanna get a resolution changer to work, but none I have tried will work without rooting. Only wanna drop the res for better gaming framerates lol
26th April 2014, 09:07 AM |#4  
Flag Olsztyn

More
yeah agree...doesn't seem very popular... I guess we should wait some time more.... did you try rooting with the old firmware and then updating to the new firmware? I guess it wouldn't work anyway....
26th April 2014, 10:52 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Nope... from past experience rooting phones updating the firmware breaks the root as v1.0.7 replaced the entire OS if I remember...

Tried the root for v1.0.3 while using v1.0.7... ClockWorkMod installed and works fine, but the SuperSU binary doesn't work/install It was a gamble incase it screwed anything up but luckily it didn't - however, it also didn't work

And yeah, looks like we will need to wait a while longer... I do hope someone out there somewhere knows what to do lol Just gotta find them or wait for them to find us lol
17th May 2014, 11:43 AM |#6  
Flag Olsztyn

More
Hey dude...you still haven't find root? If not try with root genious... I got root now on my tablet...running the latest firmware 1.0.9

Regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to brugos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brugos Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 01:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello,

I really cant install drivers to windows OS (Win 8). I downloaded official drivers from prestigio website: http://www.prestigio.com/news/firmwa..._4_Quantum_9_7
I tried all whats saying in manual but without a success. Is there another way do update to 1.0.7? Can i flash the image in recovery?

Have a nice day
6th February 2016, 01:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyXen

Hello,

I really cant install drivers to windows OS (Win 8). I downloaded official drivers from prestigio website: http://www.prestigio.com/news/firmwa..._4_Quantum_9_7
I tried all whats saying in manual but without a success. Is there another way do update to 1.0.7? Can i flash the image in recovery?

Have a nice day

Same problem. I can't get working driver for windows 10. Is it even posssible to upgrade my firmware on win 10? And btw DyXen there is already version 1.0.9 , maybe try that one. http://de05.dl.prestigio.com/Service...425_v1.0.9.zip
6th February 2016, 01:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Tnx for this update

but its also useless cuz first i need to install drivers :S
6th February 2016, 01:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyXen

Tnx for this update

but its also useless cuz first i need to install drivers :S

You've got some drivers here: http://storage29-free.uloz.to/Ps;Hs;...63&De&redirs=1
It's also root and cwm. But there is driver folder too. Even for windows 8. It might work.
Here are some instructions maybe you did something wrong
1. On tablet set the usb-connection-style to 'mass storage'. Settings, Memory-3 dots in the upper right corner- choose Mass storage
2. Turn off the tablet.
3. Connect the usb cable with PC and tablet.
4. HOLD DOWN the (volume +) key and turn the device on(still holding the vol.+) until you get a notice(driver not successfuly installed) on your PC.
5. Use the Manual(found in the downloaded folder) to install a proper driver. Or.: Go to Start-My Computer-Right click on it-Properties-Device Manager-Other devices-Unknown device-Update Driver- In the window browse the computer for the specific driver(that's why you need to know your systems pc)

Good luck.
Last edited by yoyo97; 6th February 2016 at 01:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yoyo97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yoyo97 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)