Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Blacklisted, but unlocked, T-Mobile Galaxy S5 on AT&T

OP JoJo2211

22nd April 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I'm thinking of buying blacklisted TMo GS5 (because of the unlocked bootloader & also because it's cheaper to get a blacklisted phone becuase of the stigma), if I were to unlock it would I be able to use it on AT&T or it's MVNO's? Has anywhere sucessfully tried it? Thanks,
22nd April 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #2  
daxecutioner24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
881 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Last time I checked at&t and Tmobile were sharing blacklisted list. Not 100% sure but I think that was the case a few years ago

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #3  
RockRatt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,653
 
3,987 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
As mentioned above and expanded I think ALL of the big phone companies share the blacklist emei's. I know I saw somewhere that other countries were gonna be doing the same. To help cut down on stolen phones that are bought and then shipped to other countries for use.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
22nd April 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #4  
barondebxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,640
 
6,545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Well I did have a blacklisted Note 3 that I was using on at&t. I had no idea it was blacklisted until I tried selling it on Swappa. But it did work for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

Well I did have a blacklisted Note 3 that I was using on at&t. I had no idea it was blacklisted until I tried selling it on Swappa. But it did work for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is strange. If they were supposed to be sharing the database of blacklisted phones how were you able to use it?

Does anyone know for a fact that they are sharing the database? Anybody work at AT&T or T-mObile?
22nd April 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #6  
barondebxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,640
 
6,545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo2211

That is strange. If they were supposed to be sharing the database of blacklisted phones how were you able to use it?

Does anyone know for a fact that they are sharing the database? Anybody work at AT&T or T-mObile?

I have no clue. I bought the note 3 from another XDA user. Used it for 3 weeks then put a listing on Swappa but it was declined cause the phone Imei was blacklisted. Phone worked perfectly fine for the few weeks I had it on AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #7  
JUSMEJOSE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
I unlock phones etc daily ... and yeah if you have a blacklisted at&t phone you Can't! Use it, unless you go overseas ... But if you have a blacklisted tmobile phone you can unlock it and use with another carrier example (At&t, red locket, h2o) with no problem ....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Tmo Samsung s5 blacklisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE

I unlock phones etc daily ... and yeah if you have a blacklisted at&t phone you Can't! Use it, unless you go overseas ... But if you have a blacklisted tmobile phone you can unlock it and use with another carrier example (At&t, red locket, h2o) with no problem ....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


Hi, can I unlock it anywhere and still use it? How will I know if it works or not? Is there anyway for them to track the phone down once I use it? I would love to have you unlock it. Where are you located?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupirujp

Blacklisted ? I clean imei's lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


I heard you can't clean the IMEM on the Samsung Galaxy s5 yet bc the firmware. It's too new. If you can I hope you're located in Socal! LMK!
18th June 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #9  
JUSMEJOSE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benihoopla

Hi, can I unlock it anywhere and still use it? How will I know if it works or not? Is there anyway for them to track the phone down once I use it? I would love to have you unlock it. Where are you located?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------




I heard you can't clean the IMEM on the Samsung Galaxy s5 yet bc the firmware. It's too new. If you can I hope you're located in Socal! LMK!

You can unlock any phone (Blacklisted or NOT!) But for example if you have a (AT&T device [Unlocked] you cant use it here *USA* only overseas) But if you a T-Mobile [Unlocked] you can use here *USA* only AT&T carrier compatible .....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE

You can unlock any phone (Blacklisted or NOT!) But for example if you have a (AT&T device [Unlocked] you cant use it here *USA* only overseas) But if you a T-Mobile [Unlocked] you can use here *USA* only AT&T carrier compatible .....

So if I get it unlocked being an TMobile phone I can use it on AT&T (even though it's blacklisted)? Do I have to go to any special person to do this? Or just a normal unlock will work? I heard that they can't even do the unlock. (The ppl I've called for a quote)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes