How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck on CWM when trying to install CM10.2.1

OP NyphoX

25th April 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
Hello,
I got this HTC One X from AT&T (->evita) and tried to get CM 10.2.1 running on that.

The steps I made:
Boot into bootloader, go to fastboot, then get the identifier, get unlock token via htcdev and unlocked it with fastboot.
I then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 for evita via "fastboot flash recovery *filename*". Now I booted into CWM (recovery) and wiped everything instead of first trying to copy the cm.zip onto the sdcard. (I also didnt do this when the stock ROM was still running...)

Now I can access the phone via fastboot in the bootloader but I can not use adb or the USB mount when in CWM. Whenever I plug the phone into my computer (or laptop, doesn't matter. Also tried switching between USB 2 and 3 ports!) Windows keeps making the "unplugged" sound every second.

Reinstalling the latest HTC drivers did not change anything.

Anyone here knows a way how I can stop that or get the zip file on the memory? I also tried flashing the boot.img on boot and tested if I can copy the file then through CWM but that did not work.

Hoping,
NyphoX
Last edited by NyphoX; 25th April 2014 at 09:19 PM.
25th April 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,504

15,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure if it'll work but try using TWRP recovery instead:

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/evita

Sent from my Evita
25th April 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

32 posts
Installed the most recent version.

I get into the recovry and when I plug it into a computer Windows will keep making the "unplugged"-noise.
I can see the sdcard-directory perfectly when I hit install in both, TWRP and CWM but when I want to mount it via USB it will not change anything and I cannot access it on my PC.

adb doesn't list any device either.

Also, TWRP and CWM keep telling me that my phone is not rooted, when I try to power off or restart. Is that normal?

My other HTC One X (non AT&T) just works fine with cwm 5.*.*.*
25th April 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,504

15,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's normal for the recovery to inform you that you're not rooted, it'll suggest that you install superuser but there's no point doing that in your case because you have no working OS installed. Did you at any point perform a factory reset from the bootloader? If so, you've corrupted the internal storage (known bug on modified Evitas) and will need to wipe it with TWRP.

Sent from my Evita
25th April 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

32 posts
Saw that in your Q&A.

I wiped the internal_sd and tested it after but it still did not work. I also tried a factory reset through TWRP but that did not help either.

Both recovery programs keep telling me "E:Unable to mount '/cache'.

Still not working. Q_Q
Last edited by NyphoX; 25th April 2014 at 09:57 PM.
25th April 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

32 posts
Update: I got like the oldest laptop I ever owned and installed the most recent HTC drivers there and tried to mount it. It told me in device manager that the "evita" is not recognized. When I let Windows search automatically it installed the drivers and I am now able to access the memory.

I can only assume what the problem was but it seems like the HTC One X (endeavoru) driver and the evita don't like each other...

TL;DR trying to install now. Will edit.

//EDIT: Windows still screws when I plug the phone to the other computer/laptop, so I just have to use the old machine now. Still thanks for your help, timmaaa!

//EDIT: It does work when I booted CM and enable the USB storage at the other two machines.
Last edited by NyphoX; 25th April 2014 at 11:17 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread