How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G - Soft Bricked?

OP jdmroach

25th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hey guys, I recently attempted to root my old phone using the Amaze All in One Kit v5.2. Well, I was able to get the bootloader unlocked and installed TWRP recovery, but was unable to get any roms to load. I was advised I should relock the bootloader and attempt to do a RUU flash since my phone will no longer boot past the HTC screen. Since I relocked the bootloader, I have lost access to TWRP recovery entirely. I also tried the PH85IMG file on my SD card, but it doesn't seem to do anything different after installing and verifying.

My current bootloader screen displays the following:
***RELOCKED***
***Security Warning***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0003
eMMC-boot
Aug 14 2012, 17:22:50

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
25th April 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
ravike14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1,080
 
1,305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Flash 4ext recovery and enable smart flash from settings and then flash any ics rom... (4ext has this smart flash feature so even tho you're S-ON you can still flash a rom and the kernel together in twrp recovery only the rom get Flash not the kernel) reason it didn't work for you in the first place..


https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox16mtk02zoi3qf/PH85IMG.zip

If you have a hard time flashing 4ext recovery from all in one kit use it.. (REMOVE EVERY FILE INSIDE IT EXCEPT FOR THE ONE CALLED "recovery.img" and place it in your ext_sd card and go to bootloader and follow instructions) unlock the bootloader 1st if it's locked ...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by ravike14; 25th April 2014 at 09:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravike14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Gotcha. Well, I just got the bootloader unlocked again, but I am unable to flash 4EXT recovery through the all in one software. The only other option I saw involved installing from the phone, but since I can only get to the bootloader and TWRP recovery screen, I'm unsure of how exactly to install it. You will have to excuse my ignorance on this stuff. I'm pretty computer literate, but this rooting stuff has gotten the best of me thus far...
26th April 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #4  
ravike14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1,080
 
1,305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmroach

Gotcha. Well, I just got the bootloader unlocked again, but I am unable to flash 4EXT recovery through the all in one software. The only other option I saw involved installing from the phone, but since I can only get to the bootloader and TWRP recovery screen, I'm unsure of how exactly to install it. You will have to excuse my ignorance on this stuff. I'm pretty computer literate, but this rooting stuff has gotten the best of me thus far...

Just follow the things I told in the 2nd para.. Use that zip and flash it from bootloader.. It'll overwrite and flash 4ext recovery

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th April 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravike14

Just follow the things I told in the 2nd para.. Use that zip and flash it from bootloader.. It'll overwrite and flash 4ext recovery

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, after installing just that file on my SD card and restarting the phone, it went through a file check and parsing phase then when I clicked on recovery it brought back up TWRP. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something.
26th April 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
ravike14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1,080
 
1,305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmroach

Well, after installing just that file on my SD card and restarting the phone, it went through a file check and parsing phase then when I clicked on recovery it brought back up TWRP. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something.

it didn't install the recovery in the process?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes