Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Looking for help

OP totallywood

25th April 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So I know realize i shouldn't have attempted rooting or flashing but thats all hindsight. I'm before even a noob but hoping you guys can help me out.
Currently have a m8 att that I think is savable but I cannot figure out what to do next. I never made a backup and I'm stuck without a rom installed. I believe it is rooted and I do have twrp installed but am failing when trying to flash a rom. I'm willing to pay somebody to help me if they are willing to walk me through fixing it. Any help or direction is appreciated. I have been reading different threads but honestly I'm just getting more confused.

Thanks in advance.
25th April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 105

435 posts
Can you boot into recovery? Does adb see your phone when connected to the computer? If so you can push a rom to your phone through adb and then install it. It happened to me. The guide to doing this is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1667929
25th April 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah22

Can you boot into recovery? Does adb see your phone when connected to the computer? If so you can push a rom to your phone through adb and then install it. It happened to me. The guide to doing this is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1667929

Yes I can boot onto recovery and adb does see it. Can I just copy a rom to sd card and install from there or does it have to be pushed? I have copied them to sd card and tried but it keeps failing to install.
25th April 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 105

435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallywood

Yes I can boot onto recovery and adb does see it. Can I just copy a rom to sd card and install from there or does it have to be pushed? I have copied them to sd card and tried but it keeps failing to install.

Yes you could give that a shot but that's odd that they won't install from sd card. Have you tried more than one? Did you flash a GPE rom? May need to look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721435
26th April 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
/Users/Dmerrill/Downloads/photo[3].JPG

Does this help at all?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[3].jpg
Views:	35
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	2708928  
26th April 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 204

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallywood

/Users/Dmerrill/Downloads/photo[3].JPG

Does this help at all?

Do you have md5 checked? Uncheck it if you do.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th April 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 65

380 posts
More
Make sure the MD5 checksum of the ROM .zip you downloaded matches the file on your SD card.

Also, wasn't there an issue with a certain version of TWRP not flashing from an external SD card and the fix was just flashing an updated version? So also make sure you have the right version of TWRP on the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread