Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone know why this bootanimation.zip isn't working?

Tip us?

WazedH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Anyone know why this bootanimation.zip isn't working?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom boot animation, for my Android mini pc but this doesn't seem to work on boot animation factory. Any help is appreciated!.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.35 MB, 31 views)

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
I used to make boot animations back in the day, but it has been a bit, so might be a bit rusty. However, I am pretty sure your issue is that you have the Part 0 folder nestled in another folder called Part 0. Remove one of them and try again.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

WazedH
Old
(Last edited by WazedH; 27th April 2014 at 02:10 PM.) Reason: Updated problem
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
I used to make boot animations back in the day, but it has been a bit, so might be a bit rusty. However, I am pretty sure your issue is that you have the Part 0 folder nestled in another folder called Part 0. Remove one of them and try again.
WOW can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

EDIT: Still doesn't work, says index is out of range

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Where are you seeing the index out of range comment? Only info I could find on that was from a program called Boot Animation Factory and the dev suggested it was an issue with AMD processors for some reason. Not sure if it is applicable for you, just throwing it out there.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

WazedH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Where are you seeing the index out of range comment? Only info I could find on that was from a program called Boot Animation Factory and the dev suggested it was an issue with AMD processors for some reason. Not sure if it is applicable for you, just throwing it out there.
Just tried it with boot box and it works fine but it shows blank when booting.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazedH View Post
Could be an issue with the desc.txt or too many images.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazedH View Post
Are you compressing the file at all? Pretty certain that it has to be zipped with NO compression. That or the desc.txt isn't quite right. Or the naming of the files is not correct.

pigstew
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just make sure the bootanimation.zip is being placed where the system is actually storing the zip. With htc you had to manually change the default directory the app was saving to as it was different to Samsung and stock android location.

Sent from my Oppo Find 7