FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S4 Verizon KitKat Root?

29th April 2014, 12:15 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I can't find a link anywhere that answers can I root my VZW S4 Kit Kat FNC5 can someone help me?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...izon&tbs=qdr:w
29th April 2014, 12:22 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
There is no root for the ota, nc5. There are already threads in the general section about this update that answers this question several times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to trollishtrucker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:01 AM |#3  
Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 838
 
Donate to Me
More
No native tethering yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollishtrucker

There is no root for the ota, nc5. There are already threads in the general section about this update that answers this question several times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

@HeyRobi: half True there's no native rooting or tethering yet (foxfi and custom roms work tho) but there's a thread under development section that can downgrade part of you and then root u then re upgrade u to custom rooted 4.4,2 not roms or there's nc5 prerooted roms to flash thru safestrap check out my thread if you have questions or concerns feel free to ask in the thread
Last edited by gigilie; 2nd May 2014 at 10:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 01:41 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie

@HeyRobi: half True there's no native rooting or tethering yet (foxfi and custom roms work tho) but there's a thread under development section that can downgrade part of you and then root u then re upgrade u to custom rooted 4.4,2 not roms or there's nc5 prerooted roms to flash thru safestrap check out my thread if you have questions or concerns feel free to ask in the thread

so I looked at your link and seems like some people are struggling so I haven't tried it yet. Are we any closer to a simple root. I don't necessarily need to install a recovery just want root. And by the way thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th May 2014, 01:55 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 346
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi

so I looked at your link and seems like some people are struggling so I haven't tried it yet. Are we any closer to a simple root. I don't necessarily need to install a recovery just want root. And by the way thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You may be out of luck.
The method is easy but it will wipe your phone.
There is a chance yo could be waiting for a looong time.
9th May 2014, 08:54 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie

@HeyRobi: half True there's no native rooting or tethering yet (foxfi and custom roms work tho) but there's a thread under development section that can downgrade part of you and then root u then re upgrade u to custom rooted 4.4,2 not roms or there's nc5 prerooted roms to flash thru safestrap check out my thread if you have questions or concerns feel free to ask in the thread

I don't see your link to get to the thread? Where is it?
10th May 2014, 01:26 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeguy0326

I don't see your link to get to the thread? Where is it?

This is the link to the thread he was referring to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2720163

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 04:46 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So if I'm OK with wiping it works. Everything will work?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th May 2014, 03:33 AM |#9  
Shaftamle's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Ellicott City
Thanks Meter: 4,769
 
Donate to Me
More
You might want to read this first:
http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/
Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
22nd June 2014, 11:04 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2 Towelroot
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi

I can't find a link anywhere that answers can I root my VZW S4 Kit Kat FNC5 can someone help me?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...izon&tbs=qdr:w

Try towel root, it worked on my nc5, only problem is that the bootloader is locked so I cannot flash roms
Simply search "towelroot apk" and you should find a link to xda or to towelroot.com
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes