Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q ] ticking sound after video recording

OP carminedev

29th April 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
[Stock Sony Firmware 9.2.A.1.210 JB 4.3 Xperia V ]

Hello, when i record a video, and camera is focusing, it records an annoying "ticking" sound.
Does someone encountered this issue too ?
29th April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,054

4,227 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by carminedev

[Stock Sony Firmware 9.2.A.1.210 JB 4.3 Xperia V ]

Hello, when i record a video, and camera is focusing, it records an annoying "ticking" sound.
Does someone encountered this issue too ?

try to clear data of camera & camera common app
29th April 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

try to clear data of camera & camera common app

Issue persist...
29th April 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 566

840 posts
Quote:

Issue persist...

You can read about it here. And I recommend you read through the subsequent posts about how other's feel about this "bug". I don't consider it a bug, since it's obviously done on purpose, if you want just read this, don't see why I should write it all down again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

You can read about it here. And I recommend you read through the subsequent posts about how other's feel about this "bug". I don't consider it a bug, since it's obviously done on purpose, if you want just read this, don't see why I should write it all down again.

thanks for coming Antiga Prime ....

I read everything and the fact that up to the previous version (4.1.2 JB) the "ticking sound" was not present make me believe that Sony continues to do a bad development of the ROMs.

I'm really tired about this behavior !
30th April 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 242

429 posts
i had ticking sound also running 4.1.2....just sayin. others too, if you google about the issue.
30th April 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 566

840 posts
Quote:

thanks for coming Antiga Prime ....

I read everything and the fact that up to the previous version (4.1.2 JB) the "ticking sound" was not present make me believe that Sony continues to do a bad development of the ROMs.

I'm really tired about this behavior !

Well, honestly, I don't see why people make such a big fuss about it; all cameras with a physical focus/zoom make noise, and this happens even with many hand-held recorders; as a matter of fact, I'm glad Sony increased the mic input volume, that way you can record quieter noises.

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to film a silent movie? Because in any other situation, there usually are noises in the environment that drown out the sound of the lens focusing.

Regarding "bad development", I'm sure there are mistakes, but I'm also pretty sure most people complaining about ROM bugs and errors have no idea what they are doing and don't know how to use their phones. I'm pretty sure that when they upgrade their phones they don't wipe their partitions so as to "not lose data", which is a lame excuse and IMO is not the proper way to do things and is prone to bugs, and I personally haven't seen even one of the bugs most people complain about on my phone.

Clean install = clean ROM = no bugs (usually).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread