Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OTA][ZIP] Kitkat ND8 full unmodified ota

Tip us?

CNexus
Old
(Last edited by CNexus; 19th June 2014 at 03:15 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13243

DONATE TO ME
Default [OTA][ZIP] Kitkat ND8 full unmodified ota

Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
1) Be on stock, odexed, unmodified MK3 rom
2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery, otherwise flash with stock recovery

Thanks bilgerryan for the filename
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

succumbtothegreater
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I can confirm not working with CWM 6.0.4.3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24229

DONATE TO ME
It won't work in custom recovery, guaranteed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 15964
I have to say, as tempting as it would be to flash to stock 4.3 to take this update, I'm already on 4.3 bootloader and if this is knoxed and prevents me from going back to 4.3, it's definitely not worth trying to flash until the guys make it safe to do so.

Edit: I'm sure someone has already tried so let know how it goes.

the_original_teknikl
Old
(Last edited by the_original_teknikl; 5th May 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
I have to say, as tempting as it would be to flash to stock 4.3 to take this update, I'm already on 4.3 bootloader and if this is knoxed and prevents me from going back to 4.3, it's definitely not worth trying to flash until the guys make it safe to do so.

Edit: I'm sure someone has already tried so let know how it goes.
So should I NOT flash the stock 4.3 Bootloader over a warranty tripped 4.3 bootloader?

I ask because I'm virgin mobile. .. Already on the MK5 firmware and knox bootloader with custom kernel and recovery. ..

Thinking about flashing the virgin mobile MK5 firmware on top of the MK5 firmware to restore stock recovery when VM drops the ND8 ota...

Since I've seen you've bricked your phone I'm a little weary about it now...

Sent from my SPH-L710
Are you about to ask a question? Hold up. Before you do that, did you check HERE? or HERE?
FOR ANY ND8 RELATED QUESTIONS PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD ----> TouchWiz 4.4 KitKat ND8 myth busters

TOUCHWIZ KITKAT ANIMATED PULLDOWN BAR AND ANIMATED PULLDOWN BACKGROUND MOD

My KITKAT 4.4.2 Touchwiz, Blue PCB Theme

Ours is a world of nuclear giants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living.

Modify EVERYTHING

digiblur
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2050

DONATE TO ME
Glad to see CNexus and the others keeping the S3 going! I might just have to take a look at the ROM upgrade and see how difficult it would be to upgrade my ROM. I don't have the phone anymore and have limited access to one so it would take me a bit of time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to digiblur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24229

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_original_teknikl View Post
So should I NOT flash the stock 4.3 Bootloader over a warranty tripped 4.3 bootloader?

I ask because I'm virgin mobile. .. Already on the MK5 firmware and knox bootloader with custom kernel and recovery. ..

Thinking about flashing the virgin mobile MK5 firmware on top of the MK5 firmware to restore stock recovery when VM drops the ND8 ota...

Since I've seen you've bricked your phone I'm a little weary about it now...

Sent from my SPH-L710
You'll be fine as long as you don't try to flash a 4.4 ROM without the 4.4 Bootloader (take the OTA or Odin the ND8 tar). That's what everybody bricked on, flashing ND8 on the MD4 Bootloader. You already have Knox, as long as you don't try to downgrade your firmware you should be fine.

the_original_teknikl
Old
Thanks Meter 1735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
You'll be fine as long as you don't try to flash a 4.4 ROM without the 4.4 Bootloader (take the OTA or Odin the ND8 tar). That's what everybody bricked on, flashing ND8 on the MD4 Bootloader. You already have Knox, as long as you don't try to downgrade your firmware you should be fine.

Thank you thank you thank you very much bilgerryan..

Now that I know WHAT CAUSED the bricked phones I'm a helluva lot less worried now. ..thanks.

So upgrading the rom only WITHOUT the 4.4 bootloader will brick the phone? ??

It's that dependant on the specific bootloader huh?

Very curious indeed.... considering 4.4 cm roms run on the 4.3 bootloader.... but that's why I'm not a full fledged dev like you lol... Still armature/intermediate lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Are you about to ask a question? Hold up. Before you do that, did you check HERE? or HERE?
FOR ANY ND8 RELATED QUESTIONS PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD ----> TouchWiz 4.4 KitKat ND8 myth busters

TOUCHWIZ KITKAT ANIMATED PULLDOWN BAR AND ANIMATED PULLDOWN BACKGROUND MOD

My KITKAT 4.4.2 Touchwiz, Blue PCB Theme

Ours is a world of nuclear giants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living.

Modify EVERYTHING

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24229

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_original_teknikl View Post
Thank you thank you thank you very much bilgerryan..

Now that I know WHAT CAUSED the bricked phones I'm a helluva lot less worried now. ..thanks.

So upgrading the rom only WITHOUT the 4.4 bootloader will brick the phone? ??

It's that dependant on the specific bootloader huh?

Very curious indeed.... considering 4.4 cm roms run on the 4.3 bootloader.... but that's why I'm not a full fledged dev like you lol... Still armature/intermediate lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710
That's how imbedded Knox is in this update, AOSP ROMs don't have Knox. That's why we were saying there probably won't be a way to update to ND8 and be Knox free. Nobody else wants to brick their phone trying.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

v3lvetf4ir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post

I have virgin mobile as well on MK5. It'll be okay to flash the ND8 tar on Odin right? I've been waiting forever to get 4.4 and I'm itching to upgrade it, lol.