Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Safe to turn of phone in downloading mode (samsung)

OP X-zone

1st May 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #1  
X-zone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /dev/random/
Thanks Meter: 47
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Hi there!

I just entered downloading mode on my samsung device, and I was about to flash a custom recovery using ODIN, but I changed my mind and wanted to reboot the phone. But it stands "Do not turn off target !!". What should I do? Or does this warning only apply while flashing?

Regards,
X-zone
1st May 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 591
 
3,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-zone

Hi there!

I just entered downloading mode on my samsung device, and I was about to flash a custom recovery using ODIN, but I changed my mind and wanted to reboot the phone. But it stands "Do not turn off target !!". What should I do? Or does this warning only apply while flashing?

Regards,
X-zone

Yea, it's fine as long as it is not in the middle of flashing. Have done it 100s of times on various Samsung devices with no issues. What made ya get cold feet with the recovery? If you are worried about something, I can walk you through it.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #3  
X-zone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /dev/random/
Thanks Meter: 47
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Yea, it's fine as long as it is not in the middle of flashing. Have done it 100s of times on various Samsung devices with no issues. What made ya get cold feet with the recovery? If you are worried about something, I can walk you through it.

Okey thanks for the answer. And no, I didn't get any cold feet , but big thanks anyway for your helpfulness!
1st May 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 591
 
3,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-zone

Okey thanks for the answer. And no, I didn't get any cold feet , but big thanks anyway for your helpfulness!

No problem. Happy to be of service.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
odin
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes