Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung keyboard vs. Logitech PRO

Tip us?
 
hajime_android
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 478
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Samsung keyboard vs. Logitech PRO

Hello, I read that many people like the Logitech PRO keyboard. It seems to be a bit heavy. Generally speaking, which is better? The official samsung keyboard or the Logitech PRO keyboard?
 
blue13x
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 278
Join Date: Apr 2011
Depends on your use. I prefer the Samsung one, much thinner. The logitech makes the whole package too thick.
On the other hand the Logitech has the better keyboard and offers better protection for bothe the front and back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
hajime_android
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 478
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thanks. Do both of them have automatic on/off, copy and paste keys?
 
Shaderach
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 沈阳
The Logitech Pro definitely makes the entire package more book-like, and it also only has one angle setting AND it does not support portrait mode. Those are the only knocks against it, though. I love the keyboard. I use my Note PRO 12.2 for work and having a keyboard every bit as good as a laptop's is the critical feature for me.

The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to remap the hotkeys to my preferred apps. I want the internet key to launch Habit Browser not stock browser, for example. I know it's doable but I haven't had time to really grapple with it.
 
hajime_android
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 478
Join Date: Apr 2012
Hello, unfortunately my options for keyboards are limited. The Logitech PRO is not available in my city.

This is my first tablet. How useful it is to have Android keys on the keyboard? There are two main types:

1) Android specific keyboards such as:

a) Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth keyboard (0.8lb)
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...BKB-10USWEGXAR

b) Samsung Compact Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard(not sure if the spec is correct 0.96lb)
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/p.../AA-SK7PWBB/US
I tried this one. It is very light but the keys are a bit too close. Easy to make mistakes.

2) Android compatible keyboards such as:

Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...d-k810?crid=26
I tried it today. Not sure about the weight compared with the Samsung's but the keys are very comfortable to type.

I am trying to choose between these three. Any suggestion?
 
hajime_android
Old
(Last edited by hajime_android; 10th May 2014 at 02:43 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 478
Join Date: Apr 2012
Hello,

Which of the following two Samsung keyboard is comfortable to type and lightweight?

1. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard EE-BT550
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EE-BT550UBEGUJ

2. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard BKB-10USWEGXAR
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...BKB-10USWEGXAR

I tried the NotePRO 12.2 Keyboard Cover with keyboard. Although it is light, it is not comfortable to type on due to the long raised strip from the ctrl key to the end arrow key. See the photo:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EE-CP905UWEGUJ

Does the Logitech PRO keyboard has this problem? Too bad they don't make a white version. My device is in white color.

The Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 is very comfortable to type on but heavier to carry than the above mentioned Samsung keyboards.


Thanks.
 
nychotxxx
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 48
Join Date: Nov 2013
As a writer, I've been using the samsung bkb10 bt kb and love it. It's light, fast, with great tactile feel, and it has a number of hot keys for the note pro 12.2. It's white and I use it with the great samsung s action mouse. My black 32 gb tab is in a black moko slim case. I didn't want a permanent case-kb like the logitech. I can fit my tab, kb and mouse in a bag a little over an inch thick. Together, the case, kb and mouse cost me $65.00. It's a great set up.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
Hello,

Which of the following two Samsung keyboard is comfortable to type and lightweight?

1. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard EE-BT550
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EE-BT550UBEGUJ

2. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard BKB-10USWEGXAR
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...BKB-10USWEGXAR

I tried the NotePRO 12.2 Keyboard Cover with keyboard. Although it is light, it is not comfortable to type on due to the long raised strip from the ctrl key to the end arrow key. See the photo:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EE-CP905UWEGUJ

Does the Logitech PRO keyboard has this problem? Too bad they don't make a white version. My device is in white color.

The Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 is very comfortable to type on but heavier to carry than the above mentioned Samsung keyboards.


Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nychotxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
piratashitzu
Old
#8  
piratashitzu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 229
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: RIO DE JANEIRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaderach View Post
The Logitech Pro definitely makes the entire package more book-like, and it also only has one angle setting AND it does not support portrait mode. Those are the only knocks against it, though. I love the keyboard. I use my Note PRO 12.2 for work and having a keyboard every bit as good as a laptop's is the critical feature for me.

The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to remap the hotkeys to my preferred apps. I want the internet key to launch Habit Browser not stock browser, for example. I know it's doable but I haven't had time to really grapple with it.
Settings > General > Default Applications
Just change default internet browser
DON'T FORGET to say Thanks
(please help improve my ratio of thanks to posts)


Samsung Galaxy Note 2
[4.3] Stock N7100UBUEMK4

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
ROM ROM AHRD 11.2 by Mike1986

Htc Sensation 4G
ROM ARHD 7.3 by Mike1986
 
Agrajag27
Old
(Last edited by Agrajag27; 22nd May 2014 at 05:29 PM.)
#9  
Agrajag27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 134
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirata****zu View Post

Settings > General > Default Applications
Just change default internet browser
Here's my question: Have you tried this yourself or just basing this on common knowledge? Why do I ask? Because, at least for me and on every Note Pro I've tried with that keyboard (took it to the store to try a few units) that doesn't work.

One of the main bugs of the keyboard is that when you hit the Browser macro button, it doesn't matter what browser is set as the default. It's going to pop up a dialog box asking you to choose the default. No matter what you hit next (Always or Just Once) it will ask again and again and again. It's actually in your best interest to say Just Once. Why? Because wasting your time by saying Always will just cause another box to pop up telling you how to clear the default setting later if you don't want that. Saying Just Once at least skips that step.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if you only have one browser installed but both "Internet" and "Chrome" come preinstalled on the device so there's no testing that unless you root and freeze one of them. I haven't had the need to root yet so I haven't.
 
Spere
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 204
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag27 View Post
I'd be curious to see what would happen if you only have one browser installed but both "Internet" and "Chrome" come preinstalled on the device so there's no testing that unless you root and freeze one of them. I haven't had the need to root yet so I haven't.
If I'm right, you don't need to have root to freeze Chrome

Go settings - general - applications - all - find Chrome from list and choose it - select Turn Off

I don't have my NP with me right now, so I'm not sure if that path is correct, but you'll find it
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes