Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to actually modify the file hex-address once the particular offset is known?

Tip us?

Droid-O-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] How to actually modify the file hex-address once the particular offset is known?

Hello XDA,

I am trying to figure this our from a week now. I searched everywhere and got no where and thought should finally post about it. If anybody would help me in this. I would appreciate it so much.

This is about modifying the hex. I found the particular hex-address for "coins" in one of the game. Once that hex address is modified, it would change the value of coins in the game. Therefore, I wanted to modify the apk as whole, so when anybody who downloaded and installed that apk for the first time, they could get the modified value since beginning. Hope you are getting me here.

Therefore, for this, I downloaded the apk, extracted the lib.so with winrar and edited with Hex-workshop. Now I am confused. I know the particular hex-address. It is this: 78373e8, but whenever I paste it and search in entire file, I can't find it. But I can only find till: 78373. How shall I know it is the one and how shall I actually modify its value?

Can someone good at this, please solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid-O-Droid View Post
Hello XDA,

I am trying to figure this our from a week now. I searched everywhere and got no where and thought should finally post about it. If anybody would help me in this. I would appreciate it so much.

This is about modifying the hex. I found the particular hex-address for "coins" in one of the game. Once that hex address is modified, it would change the value of coins in the game. Therefore, I wanted to modify the apk as whole, so when anybody who downloaded and installed that apk for the first time, they could get the modified value since beginning. Hope you are getting me here.

Therefore, for this, I downloaded the apk, extracted the lib.so with winrar and edited with Hex-workshop. Now I am confused. I know the particular hex-address. It is this: 78373e8, but whenever I paste it and search in entire file, I can't find it. But I can only find till: 78373. How shall I know it is the one and how shall I actually modify its value?

Can someone good at this, please solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Using cheats for mobile games ?!?!?!

Which Hex editor do you use to modify the values?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

Droid-O-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Using cheats for mobile games ?!?!?!

Which Hex editor do you use to modify the values?
Yes. As I said, Hex-workshop.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes. As I said, Hex-workshop.
Try HxD. LINK
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Droid-O-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Try HxD. LINK
Yes, thank you. I had tried that too. I just want to know with these tools, knowing the hex of certain function (like coins) already, how can you actually navigate to that particular (known) hex and modify it.

Hmm.. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say. I am sorry if I cannot make it clearer enough.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, thank you. I had tried that too. I just want to know with these tools, knowing the hex of certain function (like coins) already, how can you actually navigate to that particular (known) hex and modify it.

Hmm.. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say. I am sorry if I cannot make it clearer enough.

Press "SEARCH" button ?!