Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is this a T-mobile Note 3 or not?

OP Thetakman

2nd May 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I really can't find the answer here or anywhere. (i've been searching all morning)
I've been reading allot about it but know is me question.
Is my note 3 Branded or not and can i just install stock 4.4.2 and then flash X-note or any other custom firmware?

Device Information:
Model
SM-N9005

Baseband:
N9005XXUENA2

Kernel:
3.4.0-348029
Sat Jan 11 09:45:52 KST 2014

Buildnumber:
KOTH49H.N9005XXUENA7

Now according do this it is just a normal Note 3. I have another carrier in it with LTE working and everything is working.
BUT When i boot the phone there is a t-mobile boot animation. (thats all i can find of t-mobile in and on the phone)

I know T-mobile does this with all there phones and my last Note 2 had this to and i could just Root and Flash all i wanted like it was a normal version. Now can i also do that with this Note 3. And how can i know the difference between a T-mobile Note 3 and a International One.
2nd May 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,291

8,941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetakman

I really can't find the answer here or anywhere. (i've been searching all morning)
I've been reading allot about it but know is me question.
Is my note 3 Branded or not and can i just install stock 4.4.2 and then flash X-note or any other custom firmware?

Device Information:
Model
SM-N9005

Baseband:
N9005XXUENA2

Kernel:
3.4.0-348029
Sat Jan 11 09:45:52 KST 2014

Buildnumber:
KOTH49H.N9005XXUENA7

Now according do this it is just a normal Note 3. I have another carrier in it with LTE working and everything is working.
BUT When i boot the phone there is a t-mobile boot animation. (thats all i can find of t-mobile in and on the phone)

I know T-mobile does this with all there phones and my last Note 2 had this to and i could just Root and Flash all i wanted like it was a normal version. Now can i also do that with this Note 3. And how can i know the difference between a T-mobile Note 3 and a International One.

Its probably only the T-Mobile bootanimation which is added. Should be fine to root it and flash custom roms on it if you want. Search in the T-Mobile thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile to be sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Its probably only the T-Mobile bootanimation which is added. Should be fine to root it and flash custom roms on it if you want. Search in the T-Mobile thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile to be sure.

Thanks, i tried that but i don't know what to search for. i tried everything i could think of (english is not my native language). And nothing comes up. I already reader and searched trough it manually in the topics if i could find something but i couldn't.

Suggestions on how you specifically call this? I tried Branded, Unbranded, International note or T-mobile and all variations i could think of
2nd May 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,941 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, i tried that but i don't know what to search for. i tried everything i could think of (english is not my native language). And nothing comes up. I already reader and searched trough it manually in the topics if i could find something but i couldn't.

Suggestions on how you specifically call this? I tried Branded, Unbranded, International note or T-mobile and all variations i could think of

I guess you have a SM-N900T, look in the link in my above post for how to root it and which roms//mods are available. Look in device info for the correct model number or in the Phone Info app from Play as linked above.
2nd May 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

64 posts
Open PlayStore Search For An App With Name Of Phone INFO *Samsung* You Will Get All The Answers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
2nd May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Wel in says sm-n9005 here is te info. so i should Just stick to this forum then instead of thee t-mobile then ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399026886442.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2721147  
2nd May 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,941 posts
More
Quote:

Wel in says sm-n9005 here is te info. so i should Just stick to this forum then instead of thee t-mobile then ?

Well root and flash away from this forum as you have a N9005 bro
2nd May 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Thumbs up 58492499 2300
Thanks allot .

I was really worried cause i've been on apple for more then a year so i'm a little rusty with flashing again and there is allot of new stuff with new mobiles so just that little anxiety when first flash. After that i will probably keep flashing till there is no more

Thanks for the information and the confirmation really love this community!
2nd May 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,941 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks allot .

I was really worried cause i've been on apple for more then a year so i'm a little rusty with flashing again and there is allot of new stuff with new mobiles so just that little anxiety when first flash. After that i will probably keep flashing till there is no more

Thanks for the information and the confirmation really love this community!

Type in the phone dialer *#1234# and post a screenshot please. Where do you live?
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
The netherlands just as you, (Friesland or gelderland depends om when) why do u need te info?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399029384055.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	2721194  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread